Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: whitetail rottisiere

Re: whitetail rottisiere

To each their own within the Regulations. I don't judge the prize by it's size. But if you want the biggest of the best - then go for it.

Personally... i will not shoot a fawn or a doe with fawns... dry doe... no babies.. BANG..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

if you are like me and can barely get your wife to eat wild meat, you go for the better table fare that will get eaten and enjoyed rather than a freezer full of meat she wont eat...

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Personally... i will not shoot a fawn or a doe with fawns... dry doe... no babies.. BANG..
    This is ideal if you need to take an antlerless - take one that that's finished it's baby making. Speaking of which, did you ever see that old monster mule doe that lives amoungst the houses in Logan Lake, just on the downhill section of road of going to the Tunkwa Lk Road. Dang - first time I saw her I thought it was a mis-scaled lawn ornament but no - she's the size of a donkey. Huge and never seen her with fawns for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    This is how I see it as well. Good amount of meat and lower impact on population

i m happy to shoot a fawn..best kind of meat y can eat ..if y dont need much,, go for it../// lower impact on population/// yes usually if doe has 2 fawns only one make it over the winter..so shooting one out of two has not usually impact on population..
    so we should encourage hunters for fawn shooting...

Love me some Fawndu

I have the luxury of watching a lot of wt, everyday I'm home. The whole 'dry doe' term gets thrown around pretty loosely, pun intended HA. Fawns will chill with other does other than their own mother, until they want a nipple then they go back. Doe fawns generally stick a bit closer, but the yearling bucks like to disobey and bugger off all the time. I've a tough time believing in the heat of the hunt a person can be 100% sure the target is all 'dried up'.

Haven't poked a doe in 15 years, last one was on the island and all alone in shotgun area Milking like a regular old cow, had young somewhere... But if I was going after antlerless it'd be this years offspring and I'd be looking for furry buttons! I believe that's also LESS impact overall, considering that many of this years offspring won't make their first bday anyway. At least that's what I observe in my area.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Also on a side note, we've an old doe on our property named 'Bitch Doe'. Rules the roost there. 12th litter this year still healthy as a horse. Twins every year. I'm no mathematician but...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

12th litter thats awesome..

love a bitch doe...lol.

probably beats every other deer up for the chunk of clover..

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Each to their own but personally I find it more satisfying to pack my meat out in a backpack not my pockets

If a want a small quantity of quality meat I will grouse hunting lol
    when you're an old dude, pocket deer is fine ...........and tasty...........and tender.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"