Thread: Best value 1000 yard range finder?

Best value 1000 yard range finder?

I'd like to start shooting longer distances but my trusty old Leupold rangefinder seems to max out at around 350 yards.

I was tempted by Omer's sale on the Bushnell LRF with Conx but reading a few reviews it seemed to be a bit bigger than I want to carry.

Buddy has suggested one of Sig Sauer's range finders, I'm wondering what others on here are using when they get out past 500 yards.

I'm not sure it has to talk to my smart phone but I'd like to hear from those that use a connected device. I have a couple of ballistic apps that calculate scope dope if I have an accurate measure of distance.

Reading too many of Weatherby Fan's posts has depleted my toy budget for this season so I'd like to stay under $900.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best value 1000 yard range finder?

I think now that the Leica has come out with the 2700 yard model the 2000 model can be had for just over $800. That sjouldnfit your budget. I have one and it works really well.

The sig kilo ones would be good for sure if you can find one in your budget.

I have had poor luck with lupy rangefinders. I have had the leica 1000 and now the 2000 and they work very well. I see the 1000s for around $600 on gunnutz. That's what I sold mine for to buy the 2000

Yeah, the Sig Kilo looks pretty nice. I'll see about a Leica though.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Sig is fast and good.I have the kilo2000.I have used the Leica too- it is nice, but I think the Sig is a little faster and better.

I’m not a vortex fan boy(I chose the cheaper Nikon monarch 5 binos over the viper HD’s) but I bought a used ranger 1500 last year for a good deal. Mid August of this year I dropped them in my garage from about 4’ and they landed right on the lense and didn’t work afterwards.
    No reciept, no hassle I shipped them in and they sent me out the new ranger 1800 to replace them.
    A few days ago I ranged a tree at just under 1100 yards.

I know there are other rangefinders that are better but no one else warranties the electronic side of things like vortex...

I currently use the sig kilo 1250. Works as it should, reaching out past 900 is a bit hit or miss though. On sale right now at cableas for under 300
    Tight groups Safe hunts

The sig is awesome. I’ve been using one for about a year now. I’ve had leupold and vortex rangefinders and they didn’t compare to the sig at all.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Ive owned and used many types. The Sig 2200 is the best LRF for the $
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004