As some of you know Sept 1st we had great youth success. 3 bucks on day one for 3 youths that tagged their very first deer ever. My youngest 2 kids and a member's son here that we took out as well. I thought the season couldn't get better.

I was wrong

My wife Auto Girl here on HBC has been very busy with work and has not hunted since she shot her first bear while she was 8.5mos pregnant with our son. He is now 11years old. Gun Range trips. but no hunting lol

But with the kids all dropping deer she told me. Thanksgiving weekend. She is taking 3 days off and I am finding her a deer. Great. No pressure. I tried to tell her its not that simple. Im not a magician. We cant just go out and whack a deer cause you want one.
She told me to quit making excuse and come up with a plan to get her a deer. ummmmmm ok. yeah. I'll get right on it.

We get to the cabin on Fri night.... or should I say 1am Sat morning cause my wife worked the evening shift. Lucky me. Steeleco and wife already there camping out. Petros and his son were there and Petros got his first buck that very night and already had it hanging. First buck for him taken in Canada. He was excited as a kid at Christmas and just beaming. Love it. His son was one of the youth that tagged out Sept 1st.

Great start

So unpack and straight to bed. 3.5 hours sleep is all we are gonna get.

Got Auto Girl and my 16yr old daughter up and headed out. We are the only 3 left in the family with tags. The 2 youngest still sleeping in with their 20yr old sister to watch them.

Saw numerous trucks going up the mountain in the dark and I was worried. looked like a redneck parade. Its ok I told them. We will get off the road. We got a few spots we see deer and Im hoping one will pay off.
The roads were greasy as hell and no traction anywhere on the side spurs. Oh well.

We get to our first spot at first light. Park..... and decided to hike the rest. Well...... more of a slow walk. She hasnt done this in years I remind myself. My daughter Morgan stayed in the truck with the dog.

We walk down and into the spot I was hoping to see deer. Nothing. Strange. We always see at least does in here. Oh well..... walk back to truck and we can try spot number two. Get to the truck and Morgan shows us video of 4 does that slipped by us in a ravine and walked by her and the truck at 100yrds.

So thats the way this day was going to go. Ok..... Game on deer.

Game on