Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Our hunter conservationist

Re: Our hunter conservationist

I'll add a few more to the list for ya LBM

Deer, bears, ducks, geese running around city limits with arrows sticking out of them.

Dogs being shot by hunters

The ditchline of every FSR filled with beer cans. (My son used to make upwards of 20 bucks some weekends as we grouse hunted and can hunted. Well over 90% of cans in the ditches of FSRs are beer cans

Road hunters driving slow down FSRs and not letting the general public or even those who work in the bush pass.

Driving quads up Active haul roads on the wrong side of the road as they slowly look for game. You want to hear some serious slamming on the radio from the truckers. Yup, hear it multiple times every year.

Blocking Rds with vehicles because the hunter wants the area all to himself.

Shooting in and around houses. The general public does not care that a coyote was mousing in a private field. Shots around your home makes you pissed off.

2 comments I have heard well being shown pics of nice deer by strangers that have caused me to loose my Sh!t on people

“glad it was a full moon so I had just enough light to shoot”

” It was getting a little dark so I had to kneel in front of the truck for the shot”

If you were given a black eye from saying one of these two comments we may have met

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    I'll add a few more to the list for ya LBM

Deer, bears, ducks, geese running around city limits with arrows sticking out of them.

Dogs being shot by hunters

The ditchline of every FSR filled with beer cans. (My son used to make upwards of 20 bucks some weekends as we grouse hunted and can hunted. Well over 90% of cans in the ditches of FSRs are beer cans

Road hunters driving slow down FSRs and not letting the general public or even those who work in the bush pass.

Driving quads up Active haul roads on the wrong side of the road as they slowly look for game. You want to hear some serious slamming on the radio from the truckers. Yup, hear it multiple times every year.

Blocking Rds with vehicles because the hunter wants the area all to himself.

Shooting in and around houses. The general public does not care that a coyote was mousing in a private field. Shots around your home makes you pissed off.
    Oh yes the list could go on and on, my parents and there friends use to camp at various fish lakes in the area and would do there daily walks and do as your son did
    they would fill garbage bags of cans up every day. The vehicle stuff you mention is all to familiar as well up here.