Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Our hunter conservationist

Re: Our hunter conservationist

Shane Mahoney and the B&C have baffled me with some of their latest videos. Long distance shooting and social media. The B&C of all orgs who base their whole existance on 'Trophies' should not be telling Joe Blow hunter what is best when it comes to social media. They embody the hated rich hunter shooting only for ego. And when it comes to images picked up by News Orgs to slam hunters, is it the regular Joes that get the attention or is it those who are famous in the hunting world. Maybe the image problem needs to start at the top and orgs like B&C need to rebrand themselves. You know they could do joint ventures with other great orgs like Greenpeace and the Humane Society.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    One thing I do know, it's Saturday Oct 27th, and all of us posting today on this thread should be out hunting!
    Thats the sad part!
    i hunted the entire morning from first light till noon. Took the rifle out for a very nice hike. No animals seen, but that is completely normal for this time of year.

Arrow Re: Our hunter conservationist

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    One thing I do know, it's Saturday Oct 27th, and all of us posting today on this thread should be out hunting!
    Thats the sad part!
    Was out yesterday. Passed up a couple.

Not today and not tomorrow either.
    Don't like to hunt the weekends. Too many others out there for my "comfort level".
    Back at it Monday...

And Dana, you are still misinterpreting Shane's message.
    Known him personally a very long time, and well understand you are missing the mark with him.
    Really.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I hunt
    Am proud of it
    Will not hide it
    Will share as i see fit (social media)
    End of story..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Its hunting season so pics are a flying over the interweb...as a result, the anti hunting crowd is all over it..

By the middle of december it will pass

Then return when bear season opens..

Facts of life in the era of social media
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Was out yesterday. Passed up a couple.

Not today and not tomorrow either.
    Don't like to hunt the weekends. Too many others out there for my "comfort level".
    Back at it Monday...

And Dana, you are still misinterpreting Shane's message.
    Known him personally a very long time, and well understand you are missing the mark with him.
    Really.

Cheers,
    Nog
    All other stuff I've seen by him I have been 100% behind. The video lecture about Social Media and Long Distance shooting that appeared this last week as sponsered adds to raise funds for the B&C in my FB feed had me scratching my head. And judging from the commenting, the majority of other hunters were in the same boat as me. Have you seen those videos? I was already at the WTF with the hunter conservationist CBC article. Using the Shockeys as the example of what not to do had my head spinning as well. Funny, would never say several years ago that the ORG more in line with my way of thinking is SCI. Years ago when Jim Shockey would promote it on his show I wanted to gag. Now, i want to stand and applaud. Funny how time changes one's thinking. Right now the B&C has me more than puzzled.

The Keg Steak House doesn't advertise slaughterhouses.

Jewelry companies don't advertise the blood that is shed for their diamonds...

The general public is an "out of sight, out of mind" system. Hunters jam dead animal photos down the general publics throats... as a result, it is no longer "out of sight, out of mind".

Do it, don't do it. I can't tell you how to live your life. But I don't think anyone can argue the negative effect it is having.

Arrow Re: Our hunter conservationist

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    ... The video lecture about Social Media and Long Distance shooting that appeared this last week as sponsered adds to raise funds for the B&C in my FB feed had me scratching my head. And judging from the commenting, the majority of other hunters were in the same boat as me. Have you seen those videos?
    No, actually this is the first I have heard of them. If you could share a link it would be most appreciated!
    Shane has been pretty steadfast in his message for decades. Can't really see him changing his spots at this stage.
    But I would indeed like to see the videos you mention...

Using the Shockeys as the example of what not to do had my head spinning as well...
    Known Jim since Saskatchewan days, and that's going back a hell of a long ways for me.
    I have always thought the way he and Rinella (who I hope to meet some day) had the right approach.
    I can see what you're saying making my head spin as well.

Cheers,
    Nog

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Jordan, So how is posting a hunting photo on IG jamming it down anyone's throat? People choose to follow and can choose to unfollow if they are not interested in the feed. Why would the non-hunting world choose to follow the Shockey's. They openingly admit to be avid hunters. No one goes on their page without going there on purpose. According to IG, I have a fairly large following. I post a lot of wildlife and nature photography. But my page clearly states I have a passion for hunting. The vast majority of people who follow me are hunters. But I have quite a few outdoor enthusists from mountaneers to backcountry skiiers to mountainbikers to sledders to backcountry hikers to other outdoor photographers follow me. They all see my hunting pics and have the choice to unfollow me whenever they want. It always surprises me how many of those with nonhunting profiles like my hunting photos. No one is forcing anything on anybody. When I get attacked by antis, they are not on my follower list. They seek out hunters to attack them. Anti hunters are online bullies and go after the woman hunters the hardest. This is why Eva Shockey has thousands of death threats every day. But when it comes to general nonhunters, i have had tons of respectful dialogue and many leave educated because they didn't really #knowwhereyourfoodcomesfrom. This is the positives that social media has to bring awareness to the general public about what exactly it is that we do. Hiding is not an option. Sharing open and honestly is the best approach IMO.
    Last edited by dana; 10-27-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Our hunter conservationist

Latest from Shockey:

This will be a long one.

I for one, am sick and tired of being pushed around and bullied by people who don’t understand my way of life. I’ve had it with people who want me to think like them, act like them, dress like them and even eat like them! I am sick and tired of intolerant and arrogant people who want to save animals lives but then threaten the lives of young ladies who hunt, threaten to kill the children of hunters. I’m sick and tired of politicians who sway with the wind and stand for nothing but their own re-election. I’m tired of pretending that I’m ok with being marginalized for being a hunter, vilified for owning firearms and publicly ridiculed because I love my country and believe there is a God.....so I wrote a song.

It’s a rallying cry.

United, and with determination, IF we vote in ALL the coming elections, there are enough of us to literally change the course of this world!!

If you want to be free...Howl With Me!!!

https://www.facebook.com/JimShockeyF...3594408930119/

Guess he got to Know me