Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Our hunter conservationist

Re: Our hunter conservationist

Frag them!
    I dont get all bent when the gays parade, or muslims were a turban on a motor bike or when christians start riots
    Its my lifestyle, live and let live
    Why is it so many think they have the right to tell others how they should live
    Borkumm riff
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I don't have social media anymore. But when I did....

I used to have multiple vegans and vegetarians like my hunting photos regularly. They were usually photos of the landscape, campfires, hardwork, nature. My descriptions where in detail. ALWAYS very clear that I was hunting animals. Rarely did I post dead animals. It's such a small part of the hunt and not what most want to see. Those photos are sent to hunting buddies that want to see it.

I understand not wanting to "give in". But it's on us to put our best foot forward and create the hunter image we want. For me, that's someone who loves and respects nature, and loves wild meat.

I think the last comment here by Jordan represents an outlook that Makes perfect sensel. Things are strange in 2018, it’s inportant to put our best foot forward as Jordan said.

Marc set out these guidelines close to the beginning of HBC, it's not something new and something us mods have tried to keep in check.

9. There is to be no listing of animals shot in the signature block. To me it’s just gloating, and un-sportsman like and just looks bad in general. I don’t believe in the numbers game.

15. No bloody shot up animals, organs or entrails in the forums or gallery. When taking pictures of your animals please try and pull it away from the gut pile before you start taking pictures.
    I don't see anything offensive about a guy/girl having his/her picture taken with the quarry. The hockey player is a good example. Those are proud moments. The pictures of the limbs I can see offending even the supporting crowd.

I just don't want hunters to start to go "underground" we all know in this day and age there are people with different views that at one time would have been imprisoned for doing what they are free to do today. And rightfully so. Why then is it that we hunters have to mind our manners and not upset non hunters?

FWIW, I respect the animals I pursue far more than most people!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Marc set out these guidelines close to the beginning of HBC, it's not something new and something us mods have tried to keep in check.

I don't see anything offensive about a guy/girl having his/her picture taken with the quarry. The hockey player is a good example. Those are proud moments. The pictures of the limbs I can see offending even the supporting crowd.

I just don't want hunters to start to go "underground" we all know in this day and age there are people with different views that at one time would have been imprisoned for doing what they are free to do today. And rightfully so. Why then is it that we hunters have to mind our manners and not upset non hunters?

FWIW, I respect the animals I pursue far more than most people!
    agreed, many of us respect the game we chase, then most people.
    also agree, there should not be an issue with the hockey player/bear photo.
    but, in the end, it was an issue, due to social media.
    just hate seeing a good moment for someone spin into something else, thus my feelings we do need to consider it now.
    I am glad to see some tv programs on hunting trying to do their best now, to represent what hunting is, which is a reflection of us.
    Just cringe however when I see other programs on hunting that I even feel "insulted by".
    (not how I want to be represented by, nor portrayed as how I am/act/behave when I hunt etc)
    Unfortunately, we get grouped by many non hunters as "those seen on tv/social media.
    So, the only way I can help myself out, is by representing myself in the best possible manner.

But, we are hunting, and with putting meat on the table, blood is a part of the deal, no way around it.

Do you really think “virtue signaling” because that is what it is...will matter at all to a crazy person?
    It is almost like you believe them..not comfortable with what you do..that “ they” are on to something. The life of a hunter of two minds.....
    if you have to seek permission...guess who is your master.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Be genuine. Can’t go wrong with honesty. Unfortunately crazy people can’t handle the truth.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Be genuine. Can’t go wrong with honesty. Unfortunately crazy people can’t handle the truth.
    This^^^

the Truth of the matter is years ago hunters/trappers started becoming more secretive and trying not to offend the public in hopes that we would be left alone by anti’s and those offered by hunting guess what it failed

Want to see hunting thrive in the future do what we do with honour and pride. Respect the bush we use and the animals we take. Be vocal but conduct yourself in a professional manner

All for keeping pics respectful but for myself this is about respect for the animal not some anti. I support none kill pics showing all aspects of the hunt because they are part of the story

Want to preserve hunting for the future stop shooting signs, stop throwing beer cans or hanging them on branches all over the bush, clean your Sh!t up when packing up camp, don’t trespass, don’t shoot animals in unsafe locations or private land without permission, play by the rules don’t try to bend them, throw hides and heads off the road out of sight, fight for conservation not exploitation of wildlife, have respect for what we do, and don’t be an idiot

Stop pissing off the general public and they are less likely to listen to antis over hunters

Some days I go out hunting and I find the actions of those who call themselves hunters embarrassing now just imagine what the non hunting public thinks when they cross paths with idiots in camo

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    This^^^

the Truth of the matter is years ago hunters/trappers started becoming more secretive and trying not to offend the public in hopes that we would be left alone by anti’s and those offered by hunting guess what it failed

Want to see hunting thrive in the future do what we do with honour and pride. Respect the bush we use and the animals we take. Be vocal but conduct yourself in a professional manner

All for keeping pics respectful but for myself this is about respect for the animal not some anti. I support none kill pics showing all aspects of the hunt because they are part of the story

Want to preserve hunting for the future stop shooting signs, stop throwing beer cans or hanging them on branches all over the bush, clean your Sh!t up when packing up camp, don’t trespass, don’t shoot animals in unsafe locations or private land without permission, play by the rules don’t try to bend them, throw hides and heads off the road out of sight, fight for conservation not exploitation of wildlife, have respect for what we do, and don’t be an idiot

Stop pissing off the general public and they are less likely to listen to antis over hunters

Some days I go out hunting and I find the actions of those who call themselves hunters embarrassing now just imagine what the non hunting public thinks when they cross paths with idiots in camo
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^ is so true
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

I agree with most that has been said in this thread. What I haven't seen though is people looking at this like an opportunity to share. Social media gives us a chance to show people what it is really like, the beautiful country, the amazing things you get to see when you sneak along, and places nobody is crazy enough to step. Some of the hunting stories and and pictures posted lately have been amazing. That is what we need to be sharing and lots of it. If people are flooded with the truth they will recognize an idiot in camo for what they are and not as a hunters they know.