Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our hunter conservationist

Our hunter conservationist

It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Our hunter conservationist

Its the CBC, Communist bull $$$$ company. I'd post a photo of an epic hunt and be proud of it. You don't like it? Don't look!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Its the CBC, Communist bull $$$$ company. I'd post a photo of an epic hunt and be proud of it. You don't like it? Don't look!
    I understand where you are coming from, BUT, I do agree that "times have changed".
    That just posting a pic of you and yor quarry lying dead beside you, doesn't present the "total picture" of the "entire hunt".
    We both know there is much more to hunting then just the pic of success.
    Even if you are successful, quite often what is not shown, or cant even be comprehended, is the leg work and physical challenge it takes to put meat on the plate, nor the endless hours of work after the kill to get it home etc.
    We can be "dinosaurs", and say it is alright to just be the way we have been.
    If it was okay, we wouldn't have the issues we have right now.
    We have social media, example is even this forum.
    We have to put a littlie more thought and attention into "posting our hunts".
    Some are starting to get it, we just need everyone to get it.
    As for CBC, ya, f' em!

Some great conversation pieces in the article that will surely have hunters thinking and discussing some of the challenges we face in today's world...

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I understand where you are coming from, BUT, I do agree that "times have changed".
    That just posting a pic of you and yor quarry lying dead beside you, doesn't present the "total picture" of the "entire hunt".
    We both know there is much more to hunting then just the pic of success.
    Even if you are successful, quite often what is not shown, or cant even be comprehended, is the leg work and physical challenge it takes to put meat on the plate, nor the endless hours of work after the kill to get it home etc.
    We can be "dinosaurs", and say it is alright to just be the way we have been.
    If it was okay, we wouldn't have the issues we have right now.
    We have social media, example is even this forum.
    We have to put a littlie more thought and attention into "posting our hunts".
    Some are starting to get it, we just need everyone to get it.
    As for CBC, ya, f' em!
    We agree on all points, but when do we give in to the masses. Most here know it's not just about squeezing the trigger and snapping a picture. We could explain to some and they would understand and may even develop an interest. Most it seems are so closed minded it wouldn't matter what you said or did.

I once gave a pound of bear to a buddy, he cooked it for a function. His sis in law commented on how good it was, but then puked when she found out what it was. Can't fix stupid!!!!!!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

A picture of a dead animal represents only a tiny fraction of your hunt.

IF that picture of the dead animal, if done tasteless (blood, etc.. you know what I mean)... can lead the non-hunting community to think you are just in it for the blood and don't respect conservation. - Tell the whole story with pictures, not just glorifying the kill.

Images are very influential today. We can scream all we want about getting the non-hunting community familiar with hunting, but pushing pictures of dead animals is not going to do it.
    Last edited by skibum; 10-09-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    A picture of a dead animal represents only a tiny fraction of your hunt.

IF that picture of the dead animal, if done tasteless (blood, etc.. you know what I mean)... can lead the non-hunting community to think you are just in it for the blood and don't respect conservation. - Tell the whole story with pictures, not just glorifying the kill.
    This last sentence could not have been said better. I wish I had come up with it.
    Unfortunately that is the way it is now guys and gals. when we post we are posting to everyone and not just other hunters
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

We agree on all points, but when do we give in to the masses. Most here know it's not just about squeezing the trigger and snapping a picture. We could explain to some and they would understand and may even develop an interest. Most it seems are so closed minded it wouldn't matter what you said or did.

I once gave a pound of bear to a buddy, he cooked it for a function. His sis in law commented on how good it was, but then puked when she found out what it was. Can't fix stupid!!!!!!!
    Lets put it this way, you can argue with a Vegan, that's correct (cant fix stupid, where do they think their vegetable fertilizer comes from and comprises of!!)
    But, there are plenty of Vegetarians, who although they don't eat meat, do respect people like us who do hunt, and the fact that we eat meat, so, not all is lost!
    But, if we correct our image/images of hunting, we now retain those folks respect of what we are doing out there.
    But, if we show a lack of respect, that exactly what we are going to get back in return.
    This is the chance to persuade those who sit on the fence, to see us for who we are, and what it takes to do what we do.
    Or, we can continually have new images to have presented to them of a bear spinning round and round after 10 shots.
    One thing I know for sure, and so do you, is that many people are swayed into opinion by "emotion".
    Harder to have someone stand beside you thru words and logic.
    It's an uphill battle, but it can be done, or atleast done a lot better.

We agree on all points, but when do we give in to the masses
    I'd say right about now would be a good time to start thinking about the masses in the decisions we make, because it's the masses who decide what we will be doing in the future. I dont think its giving in to the masses at all, its just understanding the impact we can have in negative and positive ways, and being open to those ideas

If 51% of the province came to the conclusion via social media that they weren’t ok with hunting anymore that would be the end of hunting in the province by next election. Like it or not it’s a privilege. And outside of the quasi-armed rebellion crap some like to spout around here there’s not much we could do about it.