Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tire chains recommendation!?

Re: Tire chains recommendation!?

Good advice above. I'd add that you should take the time to get used to putting them on before you're pulled over in freezing mud and snow. Mark attachment points when the chains are properly installed, that will save a bunch of screwing around.

Lots of people buy them but don't use them because they suffer through putting them on.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I just used my Titan V-Bar chains for the first time and they are awesome. Was stuck in some super slick mud, winch point was too far away. I put on my chains and pulled out of there like a tank. Just paid for themselves.

Here's what they look like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhyZKRFZwmM

Agreed about learning to put them on before you need to. Also practice putting them on when you can't pull forward.

I just bought vbar chains for my truck. Do you need to cut off the excess chains or would fastening with zap straps do the trick?

https://www.canadianchains.ca/

VBar chains as mentioned numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    I really appreciate the offer. I'm running 265/75/R18 on my Colorado though.

Cheers.

Thanks for the imput everyone. Chains are one thing I won't skimp on.
    Just got a jackall and 100ft of tow strap as well.
    I’ll double check the sizing. They were a bit big for my tires. I’ll PM you if they work

Quote Originally Posted by gmachine19 View Post
    I just bought vbar chains for my truck. Do you need to cut off the excess chains or would fastening with zap straps do the trick?
    I just used a Carbiner to attach the extra length of chain so that it doesn't flop around, worked great so far.

Don't cut it off because you're going to need that piece one day!!! Unless it is several links that may catch on the inside (Brakes or suspension parts) as you don't want that.
    Bungee strap 2 or 3 criss cross will keep them snug.

I use tie wire for the excess, so far so good

zap straps won't last very long for the extra chain on the inside...my chains fit big and 3 or 4 extra links, I use tie wire, cheap and works well, easy to adjust if needed
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

and I also ordered from Canadian chains, surprisingly fast shipping
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster