Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Cache Creek game check

Re: Cache Creek game check

Can't remember a single time that I have had an issue with a game check. For that matter I haven't really ever had any major issues with any CO's conducting random checks on the road, or in camp, knock on wood...... For me reading the synopsis prior to our hunt and knowing it are half the battle, but attitude and common sense also go a long way toward a quick and painless inspection. As for keeping tags together, is it really that much of an issue? Not really..... Sure, the book was a better way to keep things together but the small plastic folder that stays with me at all times works just as well to keep the tags in... Come to think of it, I do believe it's the same folder I kept the previous booklets in....

how many peeps have accidentally cut 2 tags at once with the old books...I did once but luckily I had only cut the month so it was no biggy as I filled the 2nd WT tag a couple of days later

Guys... Buy a hunting wallet. Mine is bright orange and pink and only carries my tags, fishing licenses and permits. So much easier.

Went through the game check on Sunday, no problems except I had some pike in the chiller and none of the local fisheries guys had ever seen those. That took a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I have a friend who is a CO, and generally for the most part they are good guys, but I have had an experience or 2 with the odd one, who frankly, was not making things better for their reputation.
    If you are talking about the one CO who operates up around 70 mile etc, I think I know who you are talking about, and am
    hearing some not so good reports on him.
    But, don't make the issue worse for yourself if you encounter that CO your talking about, you will just end up losing, and potentially paying out of your pocket for it.
    We have all been there at one time or another, just keep your cool, eventually they "move on".
    I believe that CO out of 70 mile house took a transfer to Clearwater......