Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cache Creek game check

Re: Cache Creek game check

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Mist View Post
    What's the reasonable ground for a CO to stop you in Cache creek at a road block/game check ?
    Isnt it a requirement to stop at game checks?

If you have game in your truck or on it etc, you better pull over, Rover! The Hunting starts and ends on Cache Creeks hills -- up n down to the Fraser
    Game check checks the game
    Jelly ( Head ) Games -- 4 in er ----> Your playin those Head Games @ Ca$h Creeek <-------------- Head Games a 180 Muley typical -- Head Games a 180 Typ
    Last edited by Jelvis; 10-08-2018 at 09:55 PM. Reason: a 180 Typ

What's the reasonable ground for a CO to stop you in Cache creek at a road block/game check ?
    bullet holes in ya old silver ford 150 -89 box..

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Ryo your not starting to follow me again with silly posts every thread again, " I thought you quit? "
    Jel --I'll get a mod to correct you again! Being knotty again --
    Pardon me ?

I've never been "corrected" by the mods here, and certainly not because of you. Im sure even they tire of your foolish dribble.

They don’t need a reason. If they ask have you been hunting and you say yes,you qualify for the joy of a check...
    This ain’t the states with all the protesters refusing to speak to officers on some lame excuse about rights and 5 th amendment constitution stuff.
    We were stopped on Saturday and our two bulls and grouse checked...
    The CO actually felt through the sacking on the hind quarter to feel the evidence of sex... Good check and they were impressed when our 87 year old uncle looked at the officer who thought he was just along for the ride and said” I shot the first bull at 250 yards and lots of grouse”.
    The young CO was taken aback.
    I only had to tune up one CO who had Uncle Doug climbing into the utility trailer to flip the huge front quarters off the hinds... He was a bit embarrassed when I stepped away from my CO interviewing me and asked what was wrong with him that he was making an 87 year old do all the heavy lifting.
    Dude he’s old enough to be your great grandfather.
    Sheesh,,, young pups these day...

FYI, they are "boots to the ground". Three years in a row they have checked me in a fly-in only area. Three years in a row. Two years by helicopter (4 guys inside it; $$$) and this year by amphibian float/wheeled plane. One year it was no PAL (in the freaking bush; I don't want to lose it out there...), one time it was weasel chewing off the nuts/penis off of a stones, and the next time it was semi-legit where the sheep nuts somehow dissapeared (possibly got snagged loading up in pack; not sure). They are out there, and that is good. Just not sure who they are trying to catch, that's my gripe. We have a clean camp; nobody drinks and zero drugs. True meat first sheep hunters. Still walk away every time feeling like a criminal...

Quote Originally Posted by abbyfireguy View Post
    They don’t need a reason. If they ask have you been hunting and you say yes,you qualify for the joy of a check...
    This ain’t the states with all the protesters refusing to speak to officers on some lame excuse about rights and 5 th amendment constitution stuff.
    We were stopped on Saturday and our two bulls and grouse checked...
    The CO actually felt through the sacking on the hind quarter to feel the evidence of sex... Good check and they were impressed when our 87 year old uncle looked at the officer who thought he was just along for the ride and said” I shot the first bull at 250 yards and lots of grouse”.
    The young CO was taken aback.
    I only had to tune up one CO who had Uncle Doug climbing into the utility trailer to flip the huge front quarters off the hinds... He was a bit embarrassed when I stepped away from my CO interviewing me and asked what was wrong with him that he was making an 87 year old do all the heavy lifting.
    Dude he’s old enough to be your great grandfather.
    Sheesh,,, young pups these day...
    They 100% need a reason. In Canada its called the charter of rights. They can pull you over, but if their process isn't kosher then their charges get thrown out in court. Every peace officer in Canada has to have a reason as to why they are stopping you. As an example 99% of the time your stopped by police in your vehicle will be under premiss of investigating you under the motor vehicle act..... suppose you were speeding or didn't indicate turning etc. CO's do this under the wild life act, so your driving on a FSR or exiting a FSR onto a paved roadway. For them thats reasonable ground that you may have been participating in a wild life activity. If your driving with game visible in your truck, like antlers or quarters then there's a good reason sure. If nothing is visible then a CO can't tell you any different to any other member of the public, especially if your simply a resident in Cache creek. Its another story once your stopped, not answering truthfully is obstruction of justice. You don't have to give permission to a search either. Our charter of rights protects us from illegal detention, and that can be constituted by as much as physical position of an officer or officers, heck it can include "intimidating tone". I recall reading a story out of Saskatchewan i think earlier this year where a judge said it wasn't reasonable to pull over a truck because a cooler was visible in the bed. Something along the lines of a cooler has multiple purposes other then carry wild game meat and as such the CO didn't have the right to pull over and conduct a search.... as he's investigating under the wild life act. So maybe I have the story wrong but honestly I am just trying to understand the legal premise of the game check.

Why does the act of abiding by the aw and reporting to a game check need to be something for a lawyer to deal with? Why can't hunters just stop and get inspected and have an interaction with a CO? There are many benefits for both the hunter and the CO in information exchange.
    Lawful hunters and conservationists understand the need to follow and not question the law. Game inspections and CO activity is the means to protect our precious resource and maintain our ability and right to harvest game. CO's should always conduct themselves in a professional manner and holding them to that is more important than arguing their right to inspect your licenses, game etc.
    Glad they were out there and hope they catch some serious bad guys. IMO.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Jesus Christ - buy a stapler.
    Last edited by skibum; 10-09-2018 at 11:10 AM.

My daughter and I went through on Sunday with her tagged mule deer buck. Absolutely smooth, quick process if you actually read the synopsis and follow the rules. There were at least 3 truckloads of guys with major infractions.
    Follow the rules and its no problem.