Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cache Creek game check

Re: Cache Creek game check

I went through that game check Thursday night at around 930pm. He asked to see my drivers licence and tags, asked where the rifles were and I pointed to them in the back seat, I asked if he would like to see my PAL and he said “nope it’s ok!”, then he told me to have a safe drive home and off I went.

It's great to see them out. I'd like to see them more often personally.
    Stay safe boys and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyduck View Post
    There used to be a nice little booklet to keep all tags together?? WTH were they thinking?
    YEA the OLD system with Your Licence and Tags all in one BOOK MADE way to much sense so they changed it out to NO Licence to show and separate LOOSE tags now ! WTF ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Lol ... this makes me laugh. The ridiculous interrogations and controls on law abiding hunters when I'm sure every poacher out there probably knows to avoid the predictable game checks in cache creek and princeton.

Maybe these guys could come up with some more original locations to set up shop in and get the guys who actually poach and get away with it by avoiding cache creek and princeton
    I'm fairly confident most poaching Is NOT done Sept 10-Dec 10 but it's the only damn time I ever ever see COs besides at boat launches where they can be lazy and sit there ticketing people or they pull up to a popular ice fishing lake and check everyone, again only when it's easy..

The C.O.'s are going to ask you at the check when you pull up, " Did you have any success hunting?" Then you speel off --
    -- Follow along and don't get excited, just stay calm, act normal and talk at a medium volume for the place your at.
    Jelly Hammer Time -- if we get riled a bit and we are tired, we can say something out of character -- and that is when the special attention arrives --

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    The C.O.'s are going to ask you at the check when you pull up, " Did you have any success hunting?" Then you speel off --
    -- Follow along and don't get excited, just stay calm, act normal and talk at a medium volume for the place your at.
    Jelly Hammer Time -- if we get riled a bit and we are tired, we can say something out of character -- and that is when the special attention arrives --

You sure like to spit out instructions. I wonder how many you follow yourself lol.

Ryo your not starting to follow me again with silly posts every thread again, " I thought you quit? "
    Jel --I'll get a mod to correct you again! Being knotty again --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 10-08-2018 at 08:15 PM. Reason: JUSTINE CASTROSIS

I'm glad to see them out there but I think their efforts would have more impact if they were out in the wilderness doing random checks than in a predictable time and location that's easily available.

I myself am admittedly guilty. I despise and detest these atv insurance, regulations money grab bullshit, I refuse to comply... and I don't worry one bit because I have never ever once ever ran into a co in the bush. Not once.
    I could break any law under the sun if I were so inclined and get away with it.

Imo, a bigger deterrence isn't a bigger fine for the extremely unlikely chance of being caught... it's more boots on the ground that makes you feel like you'd probably get caught.

I realize these policies are directed from above and due to budget constraints.

Btw, I drove right through today, waved through and I was fully expecting to be stopped, very surprised I wasn't.

Went through Cache Creek today,

buddy asked for my tags, then asked if I had any others. "that's all" I replied.

Asked to see the grouse I had. Were in the camper frig. He followed me into the camper....
    Inspected the guns while in the camper.

Didn't ask me for a PAL...
    Didn't show him the shotgun in the closet. Oops...