Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cache Creek game check

Cache Creek game check

We went through Cache Creek game check yesterday. A couple of notes. One vehicle occupant had to produce a PAL. This was a first. Second note is a regulation change. Below from page 18 of the regs. This was pointed out and checked by the CO.

Species Licence Fees

Species licences are required for the hunting of the following animals and are required in addition to the basic hunting licences. Hunters are required to carry all species licences obtained or held for the current year, including both cancelled and uncancelled, while hunting.

Cancelled were pretty much a given when the tags were in a book, now being separate one could easily leave a cancelled home.

Last edited by Grizzloonly; 10-08-2018 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Clarification

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cache Creek game check

Use your memory and tell yourself, b4 you head out, " Have I got all my tags with me?" Then keep them in the same spot at home. Together.
    Jel -- the mind my friend, it's a busy place Hahahaha -- --

I only showed them my pal, checked the guns, had no deer but a few grouse with a wing on them all but asked about a lake trout I had, caught in the August I left in the cabin freezer I shut the cabin down and was bringing my fish home, the lake I caught it on was closed for lake trout oct 1. Note to self bring fish home when there open lol

There used to be a nice little booklet to keep all tags together?? WTH were they thinking?

You and I have a brain and a mind, we need to talk to ourselves ok? Hahahaha
    -- Next time poper you will remember for sure --
    Jelly Fish -- > One thing with C.O.s if you want to pass thru fairly quick, ahhh don't ask stoopid questions and don't be a tool <------

There is ALWAYS something you have done wrong. I am serious, no joking. No matter how clean you try to keep your nose, you have most assuredly missed something. I have determined in my mind not to detest CO's anymore. I am putting away $100/year for any given fine that they have for me. I have asked them NOT to give me a warning, as a warning doesn't help. Whatever they "find" was NOT done out of ill intentions. It's easier to just have a "fine fund" ready and then there is no need to get angry. Note to self: don't make a fire. You "may" be using wood that is not allowed to be chopped down, no matter how dang cold it is... (muttering under my breath...) and don't get me started on weasels that chew off the evidence of sex...

Attitude is important, ahhh, lots of ladies becoming C.O.s now so cood change personality a bit.
    -- When you pull up to the check, don't burn the C.O. with an icy glare Hahahahaha
    Or open the window and start the heavy vocals ---- Like why did you ah
    Jello Steen -- keep calm and carry on -- yah gotta go back to the job any vayyyyyy --

Lol ... this makes me laugh. The ridiculous interrogations and controls on law abiding hunters when I'm sure every poacher out there probably knows to avoid the predictable game checks in cache creek and princeton.

Maybe these guys could come up with some more original locations to set up shop in and get the guys who actually poach and get away with it by avoiding cache creek and princeton

The Cache Creek stop, game check has bin going since the 50's or so, way back used to be a Drive-inn there
    -- Cache Creek is right at the Junction
    Jelly Creek -- Deadman - muley's

I think the carrying cut tags is so damn stupid.
    If you want it like that, they should have never changed from the book.
    If I shoot a bear in April, butcher and eat it before September why the hell would I even still have that tag !? I know I've tossed the tag for both my spring bears once everything was done.. and I will not be paying $10 to replace them. Looking forward to chatting with a CO