Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: A Kechika River Adventure

Arrow Re: A Kechika River Adventure

Another interesting formation along the way - almost looked like a castle turret falling apart:

Camp that night was actually quite a bit of a party. We all knew we'd be off the river the next day, and thus our time together was drawing to it's conclusion. Out came the final dregs of rum, and we attacked the moose tenderloin for the first time - actually eating all of it between us! A finer feast was never had!!

The next morning we were again off and moving early. The Ladz in the other rig ran down to the launch, and readied ropes etc in case we had an issue on our final approach. Although we bumped once or twice before re-entering the Liard, it was nothing serious. And we jockeyed across the larger river with no issues, floating nicely right up into the bay at Skooks Landing.

Most of the rigs were long gone, giving us ample room to pull ours from the water. The water itself however was so low we had to tow the trucks attached to the trailers back up the hill to get them off the beach:

A quick scramble to load our rigs, and we were soon on our way back to "civilization"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Re: A Kechika River Adventure

Nog, you do have a way with the words my friend! Very excellent story! Wonderful pics! Thank you for sharing this adventure, it has reinforced that I need to head that way in the near future! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Thumbs up Re: A Kechika River Adventure

The ride home was boring chiefly. A few distractions such as Sheep, Buffalo and Caribou:

We again over-nighted in Chetwyn, and blew out of there well before the dawn.
    Miles seemed to fly by, and our moods swung between reflection / satisfaction of doing what we do, and the near dread of getting back to "society" and all of it's trammelings.

Vancouver was it's usual Horror Show, and although well ahead of schedule, we managed to miss the target ferry by about an hour. Never ceases to amaze me how CitIdiots can come to a complete full stop - on a highway - on a repeated basis!
    Were I to have to live there, I honestly believe the other side would look a LOT more promising than suffering through that BS on a daily basis!!

Arriving home, all was thankfully well.
    Still don't have all the gear put away, but the moose is

This ESCAPE was one I desperately needed.
    Back to my version of "Reality"
    Back with tried, tested and true Friends who always have each other's backs.
    And back to the Rivers and Hills I love so much.

I felt the trappings of daily life and concerns slide off me as soon as we hit the river.
    I still feel a fair amount of that coursing through my veins a tad later. Refreshment much desired and fulfilled.
    The news and the developments since we have been gone have little interest for me at this point.
    And already, I am actually yearning to go back...

There were more than a few trials and tribulations on this run.
    Never had any boat issues before, and guess we have now made up for all of the past in that regard.
    Happy the big moose was recovered.
    Wish like hell I had had a Grizzly Tag in tow!

But most of all, I am Damn Happy for having been there!
    Soul Cleansing Indeed!
    And in my heart, I KNOW I will return...

Hope Y'all enjoyed this tale.
    There will be the odd hunt or two still to come along this fall, but none as "serious" as this one was.
    I'll still tell the tales, and hope that some are a little amused by my wanderings.

Eventually I'll add in a video or three to this one, so watch down the line if you're at all interested...

The Very Best of Luck to all who choose our pursuit this fall!
    May you shoot straight, and the game be plentiful!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    I truly understand we still have a lot to be thankful for!!

Cheers!
    Matt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Amazing story and images! Inspired to get out there!!

A great story from one of the best storytellers on here. Thanks for taking us along.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Matt-- just two words...

THANK YOU !!!!!!

Bryan

Two thumbs up!
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Thanks so much for such a great story and photos. I wish others would know how much a well written story is appreciated by us. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving. I will now re-read the whole story at one sitting.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Two thumbs up!
    after getting crushed on the job 10 years ago losing a lot of my brain as no oxygen I found out over the years as learning to talk walk and look after myself . LESS IS MORE

A very entertaining accounting Matt.
    I think you and whoever were dam lucky not to sustain serious injuries on the high impact.
    And geez, did your eyebrows ever grow over four days!
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"