Hi folks!

Thanks for having me here - I have already found an awesome wealth of knowledge and information just through reading a lot.

I am an Aussie, who moved to BC and am starting to get set up for some hunting. Taken my CORE and I'm doing to CFSC this weekend so I can start the long wait for my PAL. I am living in Vancouver, but have a truck and camper. I have fished up around Squamish and I think I will start trying to do some scouting up that way (fairly close).

I would love to get a deer, and also chase some small game we can enjoy eating (I want to try some grouse!)

A couple of questions I have:

What is the best way to understand exactly where it is ok to hunt, where the private lands starts and finishes? I there a good app that you guys recommend?

Do you have any advice for someone who is trying to find some game? My plan is to try and spend some time in one or two areas, get really familiar and build my knowledge until I actually get my PAL. I guess look for trails and sign and go from there?

Finally, if anyone feels they would like to take a newb under the wing, I would be very very happy for the company and some guidance. I am a videographer so would love to make some hunting videos!!

Thanks guys and happy hunting!

Cheers
Sean