Thread: Kelowna spring bear

Kelowna spring bear

As much as I know that people are skeptic to give up the honey hole. I'm wondering if any of you long time Kelowna area hunting vet's would be willing to share information about spring bear location's seeing as all the provincial parks are shut down.

I know almost all of the beaver lake and oyama area are still well snowed in. I spent the last few evenings up philpott road hiking along the logging roads looking for area's that are greening up and really the big spot I have seen show potential is the big burn right at the opening of the road.

Just kinda looking for everyone's feedback and if you've encountered any good sign recently or past season. It's still a bit early I feel but I also think it's good to get out and see if any of the bears have woken up and gotten moving yet. Thanks in advance everyone!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kelowna spring bear

I saw two bears while out turkey hunting this week the first day. First was on private and the second was where I couldn't get by night fall. This was in region 4 near the US boarder.... they are waking up on the slopes facing south.

Princeton/Summerland Road

PM sent......

They are every where.
    "You have to be comfortable with being uncomfortable." -Remi Warren

BCWF, WSSBC

I have looked at that area myself and thought it may be to close to a highway. I have come in from the top side.have not seen bear 🐻 there.would like to know some good areas too.

Thought I would revive this thread. I recently purchased property up at Idabel Lake and am planning on hunting Spring Bear in 8-10, 8-12, 8-14. when does green up usually happen up on the plateau? I was up there last weekend and there is a lot of snow and 14 inches of ice on the lake still. When does it start heating up for Spring bear in these regions? are most people hunting down low just off private land closer to the valley? what's the bear population up and in the bush in the Spring? I just image with all the agriculture in the Okanagan Valley that all the bears are fattening up on private land rather than up in the high country. Any guidance is much appreciated.

Subbed.

Hoping to get it done this spring! I wonder if things will get started early this spring, or if May is still the month to do it. I don’t mind hiking out far, or low probability tactics.
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton