Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: A solo hunter quest for stone sheep (with back story and pics)

Re: A solo hunter quest for stone sheep (with back story and pics)

Great write up, awesome experience, thanks for sharing it!

YES on a hard hunt the best is alone or with your dog. As most have the idea but not the commitment and spoil the trip

Wow! Great hunt, write up, and pics! Thanks for sharing C7. That was a super hard core late season hunt, not many could pull that off. Pretty sure my feet and fingers would have froze. Congrats on a hard earned ram.
    "There'll be no quitters, till we bag some critters"
    WSSBC - RMGA - BHA - CCFR

This is a true hunter, Whoa! chinnook7 Amazing -- the whole thread, just fantastic, beyond imagination and you did it.
    --- Some kinda shape for sure and very good at writing it all up so well.
    Jel -- HBC gonna have people knockin when this thread reaches the masses -- Beauty ram also by the way Hahahaha -- Excellent presentation as well --

Thank you all for your kind words. The respect of seasoned and experienced hunters and outdoorsman like you all means a lot. And it’s really nice to share with people who appreciate the amount hard work and dedication an undertaking like this can be. Many of my friends or acquaintances just don’t understand this drive or obsession and it can be difficult to verbalize.
    And let’s just change mountain lion to wolverine in my story. It was a lack of experience. I just couldn’t imagine a wolverine climbing that high. But it seems like wolverine is the consensus.
    Thanks again

Amazing... maybe an overused word, but is surely applicable here. You deserve the greatest honour and respect from hunters the world round. Thank you very much for sharing your dedication and effort with us.

Quote Originally Posted by chinook7 View Post
    And let’s just change mountain lion to wolverine in my story. It was a lack of experience. I just couldn’t imagine a wolverine climbing that high. But it seems like wolverine is the consensus.
    Thanks again
    Mistaking the tracks would easy for many.
    Its quite often when in the mountains that you see sign of or sight wolverines above tree line....and I believe a fair amount of wild sheep lamb mortalities can be attributed to them.
    The story of your hunt was great and I can appreciate the amount of effort you put into getting that old warrior of a ram.

When I first opened this thread the first thing I saw was the picture with the helmet on... I chuckled to myself Thought to myself oh boy. After axniously reading and following along with your adventure, I take the chuckle back and replace it with a salute. cant wait for your next thread, A solo hunters quest on conquering the world

Now that was a very dedicated effort. Congrats!!!! on taking a beautiful ram under the most trying conditions. Thanks for sharing your great story with us. You impressed this "Old" sheep hunter.

simply wow!! thanks for sharing!