Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Share your oven deer jerky recipe with me...

Re: Share your oven deer jerky recipe with me...

If you find that slicing the meat thin is a pain, or you don't like the stringy bits getting stuck in your teeth when you eat it, buy a Jerky Cannon. It's like a large caulking gun. A buddy of mine and I did up a whack of Canada geese using one. You grind the meat in a meat grinder. (nice if you have an electric one) Use the coarse cutter. Mix your favorite cure in really well with the ground meat, then pack the meet into the large tube of the cannon. You then simply squeeze out a nice round length, on your dehydrator sheet, or screen. Stick it in the dehydrator for most of a day, and presto! Nice, tasty, easy to chew, jerky.

I bet a guy could use one of these cannons to make pepperoni at home as well. Just need the casings.
    Theres no place like home! Unless of course you are out hunting!!

Quote Originally Posted by MRBucks View Post
    If you find that slicing the meat thin is a pain, or you don't like the stringy bits getting stuck in your teeth when you eat it, buy a Jerky Cannon. It's like a large caulking gun. A buddy of mine and I did up a whack of Canada geese using one. You grind the meat in a meat grinder. (nice if you have an electric one) Use the coarse cutter. Mix your favorite cure in really well with the ground meat, then pack the meet into the large tube of the cannon. You then simply squeeze out a nice round length, on your dehydrator sheet, or screen. Stick it in the dehydrator for most of a day, and presto! Nice, tasty, easy to chew, jerky.

I bet a guy could use one of these cannons to make pepperoni at home as well. Just need the casings.
    Where do ya buy a Jerky Cannon?
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

We sell them if you're interested
    Browse our online store!
    www.nechakooutdoors.ca

106 1st Street West
    Vanderhoof, BC
    250 567 9885
    mark@nechakooutdoors.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Omineca Sports View Post
    We sell them if you're interested

How much are they? What's included in the package and can you ship to the Island?
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education