Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Alpine opener success

Re: Alpine opener success

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    Awesome post. Gives me motivation. Alpine hunting is calling to me!
    How do you like the Inreach? Considering one
    Got it only recently but 100% success rate so far with sending messages.
    The SpotX definitely had a more attractive plan and more preset message options and stuff like that, but this one just works

Great story congrats on the successful hunt! Sounds like it was a rough pack out.

Great work !!! Good job on an awesome Alpine Hunt !

Great story and hunt. Congratulations on a nice mule deer. We did an alpine mule deer hunt this year but we cheated and went in on horse back so it made packing the deer out much easier on us old farts. After our back pack caribou trip last year we felt that we deserved to take it easier this time. I hike all year and am in decent shape, but at age 61 I have to admit I feel it when hiking at 7000 feet.

Wicked hunt man and a beauty deer

Hunting in the alpine is truly something special. Congrats on a good deer man.

Quote Originally Posted by Citori54 View Post
    Great story and hunt. Congratulations on a nice mule deer. We did an alpine mule deer hunt this year but we cheated and went in on horse back so it made packing the deer out much easier on us old farts. After our back pack caribou trip last year we felt that we deserved to take it easier this time. I hike all year and am in decent shape, but at age 61 I have to admit I feel it when hiking at 7000 feet.
    If I had a horse or pack goats I would use them all the time too. I dont do it on my feet because I like it, but because I dont own a horse lol.

Care to share pics of the bucks you guys got?!?

Really enjoyed the story and the pictures, congratulations on a great hunt ! I really hear you about foot issues have a few myself .
    Arctic Lake

great adventure. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Really enjoyed the story and the pictures, congratulations on a great hunt ! I really hear you about foot issues have a few myself .
    Arctic Lake
    Thanks for the kind words.... you and everyone else. Glad you all enjoyed it.

Yes, I'm too young to have foot issues .... I will be focusing on getting that resolved soon. I have a podiatrist appt coming up and I'll have to try new orthotics.

The ones I got from Kintec were crap! I dont really understand how you can make custom orthotics for my foot by scanning my foot while it's up in the air .... my foot looks way different when it's under the weight of my 210lb body :/

I think the orthotics that they make from a mould that you stand in would be way more accurate. I'll look into a pair of those next.

We'll see what happens.