Thread: Alpine opener success

Threaded View

Alpine opener success

So many alpine threads every year ..... so few sharing their success! Here's hoping to change that!

I packed up on the 30th with Chris meeting me at my house and we headed to one of the reg 3 zones that opens on the 1st . We arrived there after 10pm and wasted no time setting up camp. Chris set up his tent by the truck, i opted to sleep in the back of the pick up to avoid repacking my pack in the morning.

Here are complete contents ... You'll note the SpotX messenger in the picture. I purchased it from Cabela's for this trip, but sadly had to return it. I loved the full sized keyboard but the unit was simply not reliable enough to keep. I purchased an InReach Mini instead after I returned.

The rifle is a rem700 with a wood stock and the wrap is to help protect it from the nasty bushwack it is about to encounter, rather than to achieve some stealth points.

You might also notice two therma-rest pads. The lower zlite one is half of the short pad they sell. It is great for glassing when the ground is wet and comes in very handy for spike camps!

Last edited by twoSevenO; 10-02-2018 at 09:34 PM.

2. Site Sponsor