Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newer power wagon owners

Re: Newer power wagon owners

Ive had 2 of them the first one was a 2005 and the one i got rid of a year ago was a 2015. The 05 went threw 3 transmissions on warranty and was awful on gas got 8 mpg most of the time in the earlier 2000’s they had 4:56 gears which was part of the problem. Last year i got rid of a 2015 which i also purchased new, it went through 2 transmissions and 4 torque converters and the sway bar disconnect sh$t the bed and by 44000 kms i had enough of it and got rid of it . The only good thing about it was it got about 18 mpg and both were very capable off road. Both were my daily drivers and spent most there tim on the hiway niether were abused and both were total pieces of sh$t. Do your self a favour and buy something thats not a power wagon. By the way in between those two trucks i had a 3500 dodge with a cummins in it, only had a few issues with the dpf system on it, it was 10 times the truck that either powerwagon was just need too add lockers and a winch. Now im driving a f350 i have 65000kms on it and its been trouble free. Hopefully my bad experience helps you out.
    Last edited by quarterman; 10-02-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Good friend has a 2007 powerwagon. He has had major issues but beats the shit out of it. Winch problems, front end rebuilt twice, replaced the transmission, Front diff, 3 sway bar disconnects, sunk it in a puddle and screwed the engine......that's only the things I can remember his talking about last week.

I just bought a 2017 in February and I love it! I haven't got it in the bush too much yet, but the thing is a beast. Rides real nice, mileage not too bad either. I got 14-17 L/100 on the highway, around town I get 17-19. I towed my travel trailer up island a couple times and averaged about 21 l/100. Mine is fully loaded, even used the winch to skid out some logs for firewood. I recommend it. I had a 2004 1500 for 14.5 years with no issues, looking forward to having this thing for a while too.

New power wagons have horrible payload.

Wow, I guess I’ve just been lucky. Mines been great and I don’t baby it...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    Wow, I guess I’ve just been lucky. Mines been great and I don’t baby it...lol.
    Yeah, something is wrong with quarterman’s luck (or driving style). I’ve owned nothing but Dodges since 1996 (lots of them) and only ever had minor wear related issues. My current ‘14 3500 has 150,000 on it and I am not easy on it. I’ve got no complaints about it.

Dont think its my driving style, the mechanic at the dealership said my 2015 wasn’t the only one they sold that was have lots of problems. It might just be sh&t luck but i had a 09 chevy between the 05 powerwagon and 2012 3500 and had zero issues with it. Im no chevy fan but chev 1500 is a pretty light duty truck and adding a 6 inch lift and 35s should add wear on a light duty truck like that but I still had no issues with that truck in the 200,000 kms i put on it. Maybe im not meant to own a dodge. Lol. My brother inlaw has a 2017 powerwagon and has about 20,000 kms on his and his has only had a few small issues, all being some electrical issues, im not sure exactly what what they were, his has definitely been better then mine was at 20,000kms
    Last edited by quarterman; 10-04-2018 at 06:06 AM.