Thread: Another gate

Another gate

There is a new gate on the Sackham creek forestry road, out of Spences Bridge at 12 km. Natives I talked to said they have decided to gate and fence their reserve, because of logging and too much access. I called Lytton RCMP, they called back and said they contacted the Nicomen band office, and were told in fact it is reserve. More hunting country lost.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Another gate

Nicomen band office, and were told in fact it is reserve.
    How would a person find out if that's true?Is there any maps that tell a person what's reserve and what's not?

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    How would a person find out if that's true?Is there any maps that tell a person what's reserve and what's not?
    Go here and click on "Launch Discovery Tool". It will download a file that you can open in Google Earth. Look down the list to find "Land Interests" and under that you will find Indian Reserves. With that turned on you should see all the reserves in BC. You might have to zoom in a bit.

http://www.frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca/mapping/
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    That was my issue with the RCMP,,what else would the band say, but its rez,,it seems that they were satisfied with the answer.