Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any HBC’er can help me out - Princeton Edition

Any HBC’er can help me out - Princeton Edition

Staying at a motel. Turns out first hour of hunting I shot a little meat buck..... I am fine taking a two point because it’s back to work on Thursday for me....

any members able to lend a hand and let me hang the deer til Wednesday. A garage is fine for me. Beer or cash is in it for you. More than happy .

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any HBC’er can help me out - Princeton Edition

Quote Originally Posted by blackford View Post
    Staying at a motel. Turns out first hour of hunting I shot a little meat buck..... I am fine taking a two point because it’s back to work on Thursday for me....

any members able to lend a hand and let me hang the deer til Wednesday. A garage is fine for me. Beer or cash is in it for you. More than happy .
    had a similar situation Sat morn up by westbridge...got one down up high with no running water anywhere....tried to find a spot to hang it down by the kettle but all river access was too public or private property so relying on memory, I figured I would try up by Taurus/bull lakes....I explored for about 10km before finding a running stream and set up to hang/skin/flush with water/dry for the day....I waited until dark and drove back to the hotel in Osoyoos with it in a gamebag in the back of my 4runner windows open the whole time...as it had dried well and it was in a pretty absorbent bag I left it in there til morning and drove home to New Westminster...Called my good ole reliable hunting partner and had the front all chopped into chunks for grinding as well as all the rear quarters in roasts...completely deboned at just shy of 50 pounds...

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    had a similar situation Sat morn up by westbridge...got one down up high with no running water anywhere....tried to find a spot to hang it down by the kettle but all river access was too public or private property so relying on memory, I figured I would try up by Taurus/bull lakes....I explored for about 10km before finding a running stream and set up to hang/skin/flush with water/dry for the day....I waited until dark and drove back to the hotel in Osoyoos with it in a gamebag in the back of my 4runner windows open the whole time...as it had dried well and it was in a pretty absorbent bag I left it in there til morning and drove home to New Westminster...Called my good ole reliable hunting partner and had the front all chopped into chunks for grinding as well as all the rear quarters in roasts...completely deboned at just shy of 50 pounds...
    after rereading my post I forgot to make my point clear which is if you can find a buddy to help you can get packaged for the freezer in a couple of/few hours

Did I miss where are you at

Oops yes I missed

Was hopeful that someone who lived in the city would see this. Anyhow. It’s all taken care of now and the person who is helping me is going to get a lot of beer... thanks guys happy hunting

Glad to hear ya got it figured out!!!!
    ~Wes

did they help cut it up or just store/hang it for you?

In speaking with him the town had a bunch of inspections and the people who would hang or butcher deer were shut down because the upgrades were to costly . I simply just needed somewhere cool. Anyhow. He mentioned not to pass his name on because he was just doing a fellow hunter a favour. I picked up the deer and left him a box of beer for his trouble. The man is a gem. The deer was in perfect shape. Time to butcher it today myself . Looking forward to it. Gonna also make some sausage...

HBC helps hunters in BC to relate and give some real help. with every day life and in hunting situations thru-out the whole province folks.
    -- let's all relate and do what we can for members who need assistance.
    Jel -- proud to be a member of HBC -- some super people on this site folks! -->