Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sabiston creek rd(

Sabiston creek rd(

I have hunted deadman creek years ago but not sabiston creek rd(near Savona) and we’re heading up that way this week.any local input on road conditions, forest service campsites, would be appreciated.Hoping to see some animals and shoot some grouse ,got both mule deer whitetail tags.Was this area impacted by fires?Any streams or small lakes to camp by for fishing?
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 10-01-2018 at 06:28 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sabiston creek rd(

Big fire went through close to there last year. Lots of vehicle restrictions and no orv at all

No ORV....looks like we will have to walk in or use a pac Kart if we get a deer..
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 10-01-2018 at 07:18 AM.

As mentioned no ORV/ATV use at all in the whole MU. The area I hunt is affected by this too even though the fire was 30km away

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Too much night poaching go's on up sabiston copper creek. If you see the rancher out ask him about it.

I am unclear on prohibiting the use of a quad in MU 29....I know you can’t go off road, but can you drive on logging roads?

It's a highway all of October. Too many people all over. Lots of wolves there as well, hope you see one.

We’re hoping to just set up camp on a spur and do some walking.Got a PAC KART hunt if we do happen to connect.Hopefuly there are some grouse around.I understand whitetail does open on the 10th and we’ve got a couple of kids with us so a doe would be fine.If the fires were there last year,this year there should Be greening up

We started hunting the area a few years ago. Easy walking/hiking, grassy and fairly open. My brother pulled a small 4x4 out of there a few years ago but emphasis on the small. It is hunted very heavily in October. I think Italian Sporting goods hunts there and it seems they invite all of their friends out for a week or two, non stop traffic.

I don’t hunt there but if it is like most place hunters call busy it means heavy road traffic and busy clearcut pressure

If you have faith in the deer population, plan on working/sitting in timber away from road glassing locations, and think outside of the box it might pan out alright pressure wise

You seen the thread where advice on the peace was asked and tons of responses of the area being so busy. I can tell you I had no issues with hunting pressure or competition but I stuck to the timber away from areas that could be glassed. I regularly seen game and did have chances but lack of experience with the species/things just not panning out is all that stopped success

I say if the area looked good to you and glassing clear cuts/road hunting is not your plan giver. At the worst it’s a new adventure