Thread: Saskatchewan Goose Hunt 2018

guest Guest

Saskatchewan Goose Hunt 2018

Well another year of travel to our neighbour province of Saskatchewan for a Goose hunt with Dad, my Bro and life long buddy has came and gone.

With tons of prep work and planning, hook ups of connections, we headed out fingers crossed knowing this year 2018 would prove challenging by comparison of previous years.
    Bad weather and big weather changes prior to our hunt delayed harvest of many many crops. Wheat, Barley, Peas in various areas has still yet to be harvested limiting your opportunities.

But....... Them friendly farmers and folks made our hunt again A HUGE SUCCSESS !
    We made a few new hook ups this year, had help from a few others in the past which made it all come together.

We can't say enough about the down to earth folks of Saskatchewan...... To you we are grateful for providing us access, suggestions, great times and memories which will be with us forever. Thanks so much! From all of us.

We again got to experience the TORNADO of Snows above whirling in every direction possible above at various elevations and range. Wow! Incredible experience. We picked up the Beautiful Blues too, Ross, Specklebellys and....... the small to HUGE Canadas of various types. Boy them Big Honkers coming in wings set for the swing over the deeks is a sight to behold. For the avid waterfowler..... It's what you dream of. Be it the silence they sneak in with or the deafening calling as they approach, it's just an incredible experience to share with friends and family.

Thank you to you all that helped us out so much. You know who you are.

Our Shares together with you, our Dad of 84 years young, your one hell of a role model pops ! Wow I sure hope I can do what you can later in life, your shooting, presence, laughter, smiles, shares and all around efforts each and every day made this again another trip of a lifetime. Your DIY take down blind you built works Terrific ! The results prove that LOL.

To to you avid Fowlers out there. If you haven't done it. DO IT SOON !
    you won't regret it.

CT
    Last edited by guest; 10-02-2018 at 07:51 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Saskatchewan Goose Hunt 2018

Another successful Hunt , Thats great to hear. Your right this early winter we have gotten is a bit off a piss off but its keeping the feed in the field longer. I keep threatening to get back into Duck and Geese hunting but its tough to do it all especially now that I have taken up Bow hunting..Enjoy the rest of 2018 Huntn Season Howard..

Good stuff, got some pictures? Love seeing em!!

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Well another year of travel to our neighbour province of Saskatchewan for a Goose hunt with Dad, my Bro and life long buddy has came and gone.

With tons of prep work and planning, hook ups of connections, we headed out fingers crossed knowing this year 2018 would prove challenging by comparison of previous years.
    Bad weather and big weather changes prior to our hunt delayed harvest of many many crops. Wheat, Barley, Peas in various areas has still yet to be harvested limiting your opportunities.

But....... Them friendly farmers and folks made our hunt again A HUGE SUCCSESS !
    We made a few new hook ups this year, had help from a few others in the past which made it all come together.

We can't say enough about the down to earth folks of Saskatchewan...... To you we are grateful for providing us access, suggestions, great times and memories which will be with us forever. Thanks so much! From all of us.

We again got to experience the TORNADO of Snows above whirling in every direction possible above at various elevations and range. Wow! Incredible experience. We picked up the Beautiful Blues too, Ross, Specklebellys and....... the small to HUGE Canadas of various types. Boy them Big Honkers coming in wings set for the swing over the deeks is a sight to behold. For the avid waterfowler..... It's what you dream of. Be it the silence they sneak in with or the deafening calling as they approach, it's just an incredible experience to share with friends and family.

Thank you to you all that helped us out so much. You know who you are.

Our Shares together with you, our Dad of 84 years young, made this again another trip of a lifetime.

To to you avid Fowlers out there. If you haven't done it. DO IT SOON !
    you won't regret it.

CT
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

I love those hunts! Would love to see a few pics as well!

Makes a guy want to go polish his Wingmaster.......
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    Makes a guy want to go polish his Wingmaster.......
    Two of them 870 12s used and again appreciated on this last trip also a mod 12 and good ol. Rem 1100.
    Great trip all round. Special with Pops ...... Hes incredible ! Thanks Dad. Were so proud of ya.
    Workin on pics ....... If it was easier on this site there would be way more constructive and interesting threads.
    CT

My apologies for the delay.

Here's Curly tops pic.

https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

A trip with family even hakes it more special, great to hear

Thanks for posting your trip experience. Your Dad still shooting at 84 is a good omen.
    If there ain't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell!!

nice haul, all them grain fed birds are so tasty
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom