Thread: region 8 elk?!?

region 8 elk?!?

ok so I was in region 8 during September 10th 4 point opener and was told by several people that it was so busy because elk was opened for 10 days only this years they changed it from other years. So this means it would of been open while I was there (no trickery)

i am going back up for any buck on oct 1 and decided to check regs to see what else was open. The regs show elk 6 point is open. Am I missing something ?? Is there a edited version I am missing. I don’t want to miss out on a bull!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: region 8 elk?!?

The area that I hunt is absolutely 6 point.
    Iam NOT aware of any change in dates.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Always check here, but I see nothing to substantiate hearsay! https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...ctions-updates
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Thanks. I am happy I looked in. Let’s be honest the chances of seeing a 6 point bull is slim.... but the chances of shooting one of you think it’s closed are even slimmer

Quote Originally Posted by blackford View Post
    Thanks. I am happy I looked in. Let’s be honest the chances of seeing a 6 point bull is slim.... but the chances of shooting one of you think it’s closed are even slimmer
    I have friends that seem to Bugle one in every year.
    The poster above, Steelco, his son got a nice one a while back.
    They may be few and far between, but you best keep a tag in your pocket
    Good luck
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”