Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kamloops Lake Sheep Draw

Re: Kamloops Lake Sheep Draw

Lucky guy! I photographed a few sheep in that area, looks like a couple might even be the same sheep. Any success ?

Hey Adam, pretty cool animals
    Did the wife kill a sheep?
    Lucky lucky, for a girl who hunts duckies.

Looking forward to some pics.
    D

What a tease. Leaves us poor saps hanging all weekend so he can dine on sheep tenderloin and have his friends over to rub his horn(s)...

Hey Fella I was wondering the same thing lol, holy dundee, this guy loaded or whaaaa? The horn thing was cool, I get it Hahahahaha
    ---showin some good stuff for sure -- good pix
    Jello Bah Nanno -- I can afford Kammy and don't need the Amazon Hahahahaha -- Mule Deer live in Kamloops folks! -- some big ones also --
    -------------------------------Plus we got the RAM with the full curl and a twirl with bases as large as Mike Tyson's neck --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 10-01-2018 at 07:57 AM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

Must be on a bender

We got up to the lake and I looked for the bands of rams I had found while scouting. No luck. And they hadn’t been seen in that area for a couple weeks since I found them. Since I was able to get under 100 yards I had really hoped to find them again for my wife. Next day same thing but we found a group closer and attainable for a 6 mth pregnant lady.

We made a plan and started hiking up. Christy did awesome, we offered to carry her gun but she carried it herself. We finally got to just over 200 yards probably and I had brought sticks for her to shoot off of. I made a set for practicing before I went to Africa.

First shot from the .243 hit low and I thought they would go over the top and disappear. And luckily an ewe started to go left and follow the ridge. And actually get closer. A quick move forward and we waited. And soon he walked along too and was just around yards. And she hit him good and he started coming down the slope. Pure elation.

He may not be the biggest but for a 6 mth pregnant women is one helluva trophy. And it was great to have the whole family involved.

My wife and son where she shot it down the hill.

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

guest Guest

What a terrific experience to have all together as family.
    Congrats to you all and a huge way to go to Christy!

Thanks for for taking us along.

ct

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Congrats Christy, thanks for sharing CF, awesome pictures for sure, always nice to see the family hunts.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Congratulations ... cant really expect much more than that when you're 6 months pregnant. She did a good job!

You gonna mount it? Euro?

Congratulations to your wife on a once in a lifetime sheep draw. Nice to see the family involved. Thanks for sharing