Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kamloops Lake Sheep Draw

Kamloops Lake Sheep Draw

Backtrack to when the draws come out every year, I'm always quickly disappointed on a regular basis like the majority of hunters. This year though, when my phone app bugled I was driving at work and once I arrived I quickly signed in and luckily the website wasn't slow yet from the onslaught of thousands of hunters all trying at the same time.

Of course myself, I received the big goose egg. Then I had to call the wife and ask for her log in as I cant remember it. I clicked on LEH and looked down the list. There at the bottom I noticed a "successful" so I quickly looked left to see what species. And when I read MOUNTAIN SHEEP my jaw hit the floor. I didnt even know what draw she was entered in for. I knew I had put myself in for spences bridge I thought but couldnt remember what she wanted.

So I clicked the successful draw, and there in bold KAMLOOPS LAKE RAM 3-29A

You have to be sh*tting me hahahaha, 1 in 700.

So between all the jumping up and down, my non hunting coworkers staring at me like I'm a wildman, I phoned Christy and gave her the good news.

After much research and talking to a few of the guys in the know. I went up and did some scouting.

I found these beauties. The right one is an absolute monster. And I was able to get under 100 yards of them which would be perfect for my wife.

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kamloops Lake Sheep Draw

oh, man he is lookin' THICK! those bases look massive!

Huge Congrats on the highly coveted draw and absolute best of luck hunting that ram down when the time comes!!!

Then hows this for Karma.... The dates Sept 15-30th.

I had already booked a Cape Buffalo hunt in Zimbabwe. A hunt which my wife gave me the go ahead to book. So I feel like she had some good karma from letting me go and that's why she got the sheep draw.

BUT my Africa dates were Sept 9-21th. and that didnt leave a lot of time for sheep hunting. Esspecially a hunt such as this which deserves the time scouting and time hunting.

AND we quickly realised my wife would also be 6 months pregnant at the time of the hunt too!!
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Lets see if I can get photobucket to work properly.

I hope this is a sheep...

Or is this a sheep

or maybe this one

Does this look like a full curl???

surely there must be a ram in here?

yep, spotted a ram

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

If you shot those in Kamloops Im going to say your HBC handle is quite fitting !!!!!
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Amazing
    Great Dugaboy, Kudu and Impala
    No Ram, yet
    Amazing Post, Fantastic animals, fantastic pictures
    Baby?
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Awesome Trophys ! RJ

Awesome trophies! Looking forward to more sheep!

well it september and hes posting guessing he needs a new trophy room after this month.