Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Porcupine protection for the truck

Re: Porcupine protection for the truck

my cousin had a porcupine chew out all his hosing in his engine on a hunt once.

another time, after hitting road kill, he came back to tires that had been eaten by a bear, cause of the blood on them. LoL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse
    eeeewwwww!! Factory ammo...

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Interesting...I've never even seen one before. I'm now hoping I don't. What a pain..
    Since the animal is nocturnal it's a rare sight. Saw less than a handful all these years of being outdoors.
    Last time LT & I saw one was north of Germansen about a dozen years ago in the middle of the day. He was big, round & fat running between trees & taking a stop at each tree base to look back & prepare to let you have it if you get too close. Running is an overstatement! Read that the max speed for a short time is 2 mph.

They crave salt. So anything that has salty residue on it will attract them.

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

I'd love to bag one...heard they're quite tasty. mebe make a quill headgarb too, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse
    eeeewwwww!! Factory ammo...

Seems the Porkie population is booming this year in around Prince George. Had one very very insistent on coming into our camp.

Luckily we were able to get the dog on a leash before things got sticky. Was able to leverage the porkie and the e collar to condition the dog that porkies are not to be f***** around with...

No chicken wire on the trip, but there will be next time. Saw a total of 4 in 4 days. We chased one out 4 times and he kept coming back. We had to relocate him. Later that same evening another one showed up - twice the size of his brother. It was so ridiculous that we were laughing in disbelief... bloody comedy.

Watch out for these nuisances out there, they can ruin your trip in a couple ways...

I'll also mention that the CO's are out and about (the 2 officers that visited our camp were great guys) so chose your method of relocation very carefully...

before I made this post I'd have a hard time believing how persistent and bold they can be, but I keep chicken wire in the truck on camping trips now

I found out they also chewed up the wires for my rear diff locker
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Seen lots around lac Le Jeune

Shit. I’m out there letting my dog run all the time...

Just hire Gcreek to ride shotgun with you
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Unbeknownst to me they chewed off both front brake lines on my old ford once.....pulled out of camp to start descent and had to stuff it into the bank to avert disaster. Little phackers!!

Hey BRvalley I tried to reply to your PM but your inbox is full so it didn't go through, you'll need to delete some messages, don't have any other way to get a hold of you