Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OMG why am I cursed.

Re: OMG why am I cursed.

speacial on soothers at the dollar store...!!!

waahh waahh wahhh

ah soother

Thanks gentlemen, and I use that term very loosely. Some of you maybe right in that I should just give up and give up my guns. I guess there are asshats in any forum. Sorry for making this thread, I will stop my bitching and complaining now and put my big boy underwear on and throw out the pullups. I am not a millenial, just someone who is hard up on cash because I work my ass off to barely survive. I do enjoy the outdoors, have a family that I dedicate 2 out of my 3 weeks holidays to. Yes I can't get out much, i looked to this forum for some wisdom and insight as i don't have a mentor really. I guess i should have expected that some of you are immature and should go back to preschool.

there you go moping again...it not a curse it takes time out there..

get back out there.

I have hunted hard the last few falls with no success. Tomorrow I go out for a week with my brother to a close area that’s brutal to climb out of. We have decided to enjoy camping and not set pass or fail goals. Hard to adjust, but stress kills as you age. We will see.

Thanks for the encouraging words. My mentality always seems to focus on the negatives and very rarely the positives in life. Need to figure out how to rewire my brain to focus on the good

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    You aren't a millennial by chance?

Dude...its hunting. Two threads created years apart about how you're 'cursed' because you didn't have instant success. Uggh...

LOL Pretty Funny for Sure ! Some guys seem to think you just drive out and shoot then down like the they did the Bison in the Old West ! RJ

There's actually some interesting literature out there on rewiring our brains...basically training ourselves to think new ways and to develop new habits because the brain is, apparently, a completely trainable muscle...you can train away bad habits and develop good ones (in much the same way as the opposite happens)....where it goes beyond just willpower to do good things - it actually becomes your nature. Kinda neat stuff.

Anyhow, there are some shoddy comments here. You expressed yourself as just venting and a bunch of guys jumped down your throat. It's alright to acknowledge that things didn't go well and a lot of guys forget what it's like to try really hard for a long time and not see success and how frustrating that is.

Additionally, unlike some, some of us don't have the freedom to spend as much time outside as we would like and that can be a real challenge. So, making the absolute most of your time while doing it is key to feeling good about what you're doing. Sometimes careers, families, and location can all have a negative impact on our ability to do what we want to be doing.

Let the crappy comments flow off like water on a duck's back and just focus on the good parts and what you may be able to do differently next time. You obviously know it's not always going to be perfect and go the way you want - but that doesn't mean that when it's crappy, you can't bemoan it a bit....just don't let it consume you or negatively impact your willingness to continue doing this - if you give up, you'll let the negativity beat you. It's definitely a war of attrition - you've gotta keep at it if you hoe to have a chance of success.

Quote Originally Posted by greenhornhunter View Post
    Thanks for the encouraging words. My mentality always seems to focus on the negatives and very rarely the positives in life. Need to figure out how to rewire my brain to focus on the good
    Some of my best learning experiences have been when I haven't harvested anything....hard work pays off..

Quote Originally Posted by greenhornhunter View Post
    My issue is because of my job I do not get many opportunities to string more than 2 days together for a hunt. Also the price of gas to get out of the LM is ridiculous. Enough to make one go broke
    Then learn how to hunt the blacktail near home if time/$ is the issue. If you’re determined and put in the effort it can be a high success rate hunt actually but it takes time and effort. Took my fare share when I lived there and have friends that still knocking them down

The catch is we all put in our time failing to learn them. Before you bring up only weekends and limited funds why do you think some of these guys got good at blacktail hunting? They could not afford to take time off work to go elsewhere

A tip for you a trait most good hunters have is being able to adjust and work with the hand they are dealt.

Stop complaining and making excuses. Want to figure it out research 1 or 2 species focus and except that in the end if a hunter falls there is no excuse only poor choices for the hunt. We all fail even the best hunters

If you think these guys are tough on you you’re skin is to thin to share a campfire with my crew.