Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OMG why am I cursed.

Re: OMG why am I cursed.

My issue is because of my job I do not get many opportunities to string more than 2 days together for a hunt. Also the price of gas to get out of the LM is ridiculous. Enough to make one go broke

all joking aside...
    join a gun club..find a mentour split the fuel costs and learn some tricks from a old boy who need some help in gas cost and muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Your better off solo if your hunting buddy’s don’t have their rifle “sighted in” well before hunting season

A serious WTF right there
    yup, was thinking the same
    KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by greenhornhunter View Post
    My issue is because of my job I do not get many opportunities to string more than 2 days together for a hunt. Also the price of gas to get out of the LM is ridiculous. Enough to make one go broke
    Might as well give it up. Cheaper in the short run to buy a half or quarter of beef from your local butcher.

You aren't a millennial by chance?

Dude...its hunting. Two threads created years apart about how you're 'cursed' because you didn't have instant success. Uggh...

You need to stop putting pressure on yourself for a kill. It’s the journey and the hunt that I’m in it for. Soon as i switched that switch in my head I started killing more game and having way more fun. Explore. Wander. Enjoy the land.

Better luck next time.

If your in it for cheap meat. Better to get a cow like said above. Unless your bagging game 10km from your house it will never be a more economical choice.

Sounds like your trip was a great success. Last week I went Elk hunting for the week and saw 3 mule does and a cow moose(not counting what I saw on farmers fields). That's it. Would have loved to see as much game as you did.

No disrespect to the ranchers it is just odd going up a game trail and then having a bull stare you down lol
    Use the cattle to your advantage .... the deer are not quite so edgy to noise, branches breaking etc . I don't mind when I find cattle in an area .

You gotta make time for the things you love. Everyone in this country is entitled to 2 weeks of paid vacation minimum .... the fact you refuse to take yours is on you, not your job.

:P

Talk about being cursed.....every fall a bunch of nerds from Vancouver come up hoping to shoot a deer and move everyone's cattle around, I agree you should just stay home and buy BC beef with your gas money.