Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG why am I cursed.

Re: OMG why am I cursed.

12 does is not bad...i normally see 2 bucks per 25 does...hunting is not shopping go again.

you went hunting and didn’t get anything?

id call it quits myself... absolutely unacceptable...

yup i buy guns site unseen .50$ on the $

If you thought you had a sh** weekend remember some of us have hiked 2-3 hrs into a spot and never seen even a single doe ..... now THAT makes for one confusing and disappointing trip! Lol

Just how long does it take to sight a rifle in and why was that not done last week or last month. When I bought my rifle and mounted the scope it took me all of 3 shots to sight it in. How I did it was to build my own lead sled out of wood. I set the rifle in it, Took a large piece of cardboard and taped a target to it in the center. Fired one shot and missed the target but hit the cardboard. Without moving lead sled I adjusted the the cross hairs onto where the bullet hit the cardboard and missed by inches. Further adjusted the cross hairs and took another shot. BULLS EYE. I can now hit a dime at 300 feet. That was 5 years ago and have never had to readjust it. Set and forget.....

For every big game animal harvested, I probably have 15 days in the field. Although I've connected the last 4 years, there were 4 years before that with nothing but learning experiences and tag soup.

This hunting thing, it isn't easy.
    A conservationist is an environmentalist with a gun.

Keep at it. We've all been there when it seems like nothing goes your way. When ever I seem to hit a rut, I change things up and try something new. Hunt a different area, try a new tactic. I've shot my two biggest whitetails when it seemed like they had me beat and I changed my approach.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 09-28-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Your better off solo if your hunting buddy’s don’t have their rifle “sighted in” well before hunting season

A serious WTF right there

I was in 3-19 a yesterday. Got up at 330 am to get in my spot for about an hour before first light. After that explored abit. Saw nothing but fresh sign of deer. Then watched a herd of about 7 does. No bucks. I even got desperate enough to attempt bribing a chipmunk. Some trail mix for the location of a big buck sounded fair. But he declined. Lame.

Other than getting the plague I'd call the trip a success. You saw and learned some new country and you found does. In another month or so the bucks will be looking for those does. AFA range cattle go, it is what it is has been for years and … it sucks at times. LOL. I thought I had two epic trail cam sites figured out, through a lot of chest high blow down no way those bloated bovine bazdurds would get to them! Wrong. Can't believe what they made it through but after a few pics of does and fawns back in the spring it was just cows and not a hint of any deer once they showed up. Where the salt was, just a big gouged out hole. Chin up my friend beats being stuck in traffic
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this