Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG why am I cursed.

OMG why am I cursed.

So had a week off work and decided that I was going out for a few days solo. Couple of friends wanted to join me, so sure no prob. (Was uneasy going alone anyway) get out and spent way too long for the guys to get their rifles sighted in and miss the first light on the 1st day. Started to feel gross and end up getting sick that night fever, head cold and the whole bit. After 4 days back at home. Saw about 12 does but no hint of a buck. Was around Paska Lake. Put boots to the ground and covered a lot of terrain, some beautiful spots and lots of cows, speaking of which why do ranchers have their herds out grazing on forestry roads in the middle of hunting season anyway??? Just venting my frustrations. Thanks for listening.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: OMG why am I cursed.

You're cursed my last three moose draws I haven't connected and cut a tag in fact I haven't even seen a moose while holding a draw in my hand. Total of 21 days of hunting hard and not seeing a single moose

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Lol! Remember, you're the visitor. Having the ability to graze on government land for the fully allowed
    time of their lease is very important for ranchers.

yup your cursed better self me your guns...

No disrespect to the ranchers it is just odd going up a game trail and then having a bull stare you down lol

Quote Originally Posted by greenhornhunter View Post
    No disrespect to the ranchers it is just odd going up a game trail and then having a bull stare you down lol
    Ranchers lease crown land for summer grazing, you are seeing them start to come down the roads as they know it’s time to come home.

Yup...don’t care for cattle beating the crap out of Crown land.

Gotta crawl before you walk. Keep at it and success will come

The cattle are critical to supporting the predator density during the spring/summer/fall when the game are harder to hunt. That way come winter the game are still there for the preds to eat.....

Having hunted around there it's a tough area with a tons of pressure but they are around I am sure. It's getting to that point where the bucks are going to be a lot more nocturnal. Keep going and when you get to November something big might walk in front of you. I was 4 years skunked before I had 2 4 points walk right in front of me on Sept 11...