Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have to buy Tahltan tags next year?

Have to buy Tahltan tags next year?

Heard some rumours this is coming for anyone hunting in their territory..apparently the outfits already bought them this year? Official word is you wont need to buy them but if you dont to but dont leave your stuff unattended..

Rumors or fact?
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Have to buy Tahltan tags next year?

do you know where i could get a chilicotin tag?

sorry meant tng..
    hoe many am i allowed

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post

sorry meant tng..
    hoe many am i allowed
    just declare your aboriginal and you are go to go.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I see the opportunity for a startup security business. lol
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

So we buy our legal license and tag from the Gov then pay the extortion fee (tag) from the band to pay for protection in the bush. Sounds like organized crime to me.

That's a load of of BS! How much are they asking for these supposed tags?

how many tng tags can we get...?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Heard some rumours this is coming for anyone hunting in their territory..apparently the outfits already bought them this year? Official word is you wont need to buy them but if you dont to but dont leave your stuff unattended..

Rumors or fact?
    Its a fact that clients of outfitters are being issued Tahltan territory hunting licenses as of this year.
    Next year there will be royalties paid.

The Tahltans are stepping up to the plate on managing wildlife within their territory thru wildlife studies/projects, wildlife guardians and a wildlife manager.....it takes money to fund these initiatives.

As for the official word that residents need to buy a Tahltan hunting license .....?????
    I do know the BCWF was working on an MOU between them and the TCG last spring....maybe a phone call to them will clarify as to resident hunters buying these licenses in the future.

The money generated will be going back into wildlife and not just disappear into general revenue as our provincial government does with the license fees and royalties they collect.
    Last edited by bearvalley; 09-28-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Why should the Tahltan receive any royalties? if there is some sort of royalty charge, why not give them to a conservation group that is knowingly putting the money in the right places.

Setting up blockades to keep out resident hunters from doing what is there right does not make the tahltan guardians or wildlife managers, it makes them bullies in numbers. I havent personally done any homework on the fact they do wildlife studies, but would be very happy to see these studies/projects, is that something that is available to general public? Because if it is and it makes sense, maybe I would have no problem supporting that, but I need to see where my money is going and that results are being produced.

Now, I'm not saying the BCWF or any other conservation group should be charging a fee on top of what we already pay, because that isnt right. But if some sort of thing arised, I would much rather see the money go to a group that is going to put the money in the right place AND show proof of that. Not a group that is stopping resident hunters from filling there freezers and to the best of my knowledge not producing any science based facts on wildlife management.

I have hunted Tahltan territory 3 of the last 4 years. Never have I ran into issues, but for some reason this year, when in stores or gas stations wearing my camo as a clear hunter, I certainly didn't feel very welcome by all.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF