Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Have to buy Tahltan tags next year?

Re: Have to buy Tahltan tags next year?

Quote Originally Posted by gutpile View Post
    If the Indians can get away with this in BC, then this will spread to other provinces
    Probably Not BC is extra special when it comes to treaty issues

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Ok but are we good to correct you spelling lol
    Yes and thanks!. Don't get me wrong, the direction this government both provincial and federal is going isn't looking good for us. But the place to vent isn't here on HBC it's at meetings with MLA's and MP's. I went to both Kelowna and stood on the lawn in Victoria to be vocal against the wrong doings the former government were doing. It's time these days were planned again, but sadly at this point it's all hear say. Until there is factual documentation we have only the spoken word to go off. Thus going off on rants on HBC only shines a bad light on us all. I've met many HBC members and near all have been great people.

I myself don't know who to be pissed at most? The natives for doing it? The government for letting them? Or the rest of us for voting these ass hats into power?
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Steelco says : I myself don't know who to be pissed at most? The natives for doing it? The government for letting them? Or the rest of us for voting these ass hats into power?

ALL of the above !
    RJ

I find it hard not to be pessimistic when it comes to interactions with first nations. Whatever happens now wont matter because thenext generation (my kids) are being taught that indians were better than europeans, lived at peace and nothing went to waste and europeans wrecked that. They even go on a field trip and listen to an indian spiritual leader talk about how the rocks are alive and you can speak to them....
    At first when i spoke about the native history they dont speak about like the haida having slaves, buffalo run off cliffs with the majority left to rot and burning kitchen cabinet doors for wood because they knew the government would replace them they didnt believe me...the next generation will be brainwashed and give everything away out of guilt.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

It IS changing and an incident of a decent, white citizen being killed at one of these blockades might precipitate a major conflict which will be won by the majority...........

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Yes and thanks!. Don't get me wrong, the direction this government both provincial and federal is going isn't looking good for us. But the place to vent isn't here on HBC it's at meetings with MLA's and MP's. I went to both Kelowna and stood on the lawn in Victoria to be vocal against the wrong doings the former government were doing. It's time these days were planned again, but sadly at this point it's all hear say. Until there is factual documentation we have only the spoken word to go off. Thus going off on rants on HBC only shines a bad light on us all. I've met many HBC members and near all have been great people.

I myself don't know who to be pissed at most? The natives for doing it? The government for letting them? Or the rest of us for voting these ass hats into power?
    Steeleco, what’s worked in the past hasn’t worked and rallying the troops once more to get more of what is fast disappearing is pointless.
    Some of the organizers of the Kelowna & Victoria rallies are friends of mine and they fully realize those rallies did nothing to enhance wildlife or hunting...they were attention getters...done to circle the wagons and bring in the troops.
    Those rallies actually backfired.
    One group gained membership...the other got a black eye and the strength and public support for all hunters got kicked in the nuts.

Some of us have realized that the only way to curb this type of public backlash happening again is to build unity between groups that have stayed distant.

The Tahltans have not forced anyone into the licensing system....it has been voluntary.
    The TCG has not had any recent road blockades...the ones in the past were mostly under the guidance of a few elders and a couple were instigated by Suzuki’s grandson and a few of his hippie buddies.

We all seem to forget as we are fighting amongst ourselves that FN’s are major players in the wildlife arena....under the Canadian constitution they are entitled ( I hate that word ) to the first 50% of harvestable game.

Look at the big picture...if the funds collected go into projects such as wildlife health studies, predator management and FN’s education on wildlife issues...can it be a real fail.
    Up until a couple years ago zero dollars had been invested in wildlife projects within Tahltan territory ....since then close to 750 K has been invested.
    Lets not bash a new concept in management before it gets a fair trial....carrying on down the old path sure hasn’t worked.

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    It IS changing and an incident of a decent, white citizen being killed at one of these blockades might precipitate a major conflict which will be won by the majority...........

You volunteering to be killed?

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    Dewey, come on up and I’ll introduce you to some of the TCG members and you can discuss wildlife issues and life in general.
    After, you can decide if a civil war with a bunch of people you don’t know is really warranted.

So 50% to how many Thaltans? 25% Outfitter quota roughly depending on species to a few oufitters and clients and 25% to 90,000 residents hunters the future so bright i gota wear shades.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    So 50% to how many Thaltans? 25% Outfitter quota roughly depending on species to a few oufitters and clients and 25% to 90,000 residents hunters the future so bright i gota wear shades.
    I’d say your not real good at math or someone’s feeding you numbers.