Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mulie/whitetail cross

Re: Mulie/whitetail cross

i was tagged out on muke deer and still hunting whitetail in one of my top whitetail region 3 pockets and i came across a muley doe in heat her hawks were inflamed and she reaked and was not very skiddish she kept looking over her shoulder...

i said out load where is your boyfreind honey and dug out my cannon camera.
    as i tipped toed aroud her a 5point whitetail erupted out of a thicket...5 feet from her...
    i pursued this buck but it ended up a bust...point of story i am positive it was closing time for him and he was taking home a big one...lol...

Hybrids are extremely rare. Most sightings are just odd-looking mule deer/whitetail bucks. Only way to tell is by the metatarsal glands/tail
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Hybrids are extremely rare. Most sightings are just odd-looking mule deer/whitetail bucks. Only way to tell is by the metatarsal glands/tail
    Not talking bucks and I don’t use antlers to judge species. Seen enough non typicals in my life to know better

The ones I am talking about have a few styles of odd looking tails. When it’s a lone deer it’s easy to think I am wrong but it’s when you get a yearling that has a goofy tail and mom looks like a perfect example of the species. For example a perfect looking WT doe with a yearling that has a white md butt with a tail that is thin like a md but long like a WT with a white underside others side brown no black tip

The areas I have seen what I would? As hybrids is Fraser lake and Francois Lake. Over the last 6 years I have seen a few deer that I ? In these areas. I have hunted WT and MD in every region but 4 in BC and Alberta from Edmonton south to the USA border and seen a lot of deer of both species doing so. I have not seen any deer I would? Outside of the two areas I mentioned and only a handful and not common

In the end I am not talking 3 point md or something common. No doubt it would take them being inspected by a bio to be 100%

Its not like BC has the funding to waste on studying this with the bigger issues out there