Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tumbler Ridge Area for elk

Re: Tumbler Ridge Area for elk

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    No one LIKEs You ! LMFFAO RJ

well the same applies to you? Touché

theres stories about you...
    Last edited by browningboy; 09-28-2018 at 06:08 AM.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I had a nice big shiny black cow and spike fork come in to my calls today. I was siting on a rock looking down into the basin with rifle at my feet an hour after my last call i was getting sloppy. Then I hear a small snap behind me and look behind and less the twenty feet behind me at full gallop they came straight at me. They came up behind to have a smell before showing themselves. But I was still in a cross wind. It took me by surprise and my reaction time was horrible I grabbed my rifle and put it up. At this time both the moose hit their brakes hard.

The cow was right in the open looking at me and the bull was behind a small bush with his ass toward me but looking back at me with his head and neck exposed. He was there for two seconds then bailed running straight for the thick bush. I was wanting to shoot him in the ribs and waiting for him to walk out in the open. If I could get those two seconds back I would have shot him in the neck at 20 feet he would have dropped right there.

What is funny is me and the moose were surprised to see each other, it was interesting that there has been no cow or bull calling back to my calls and they came in silent and from up wind. It was like a blacktail textbook move that I have never had a moose do.

Owell guess I’ll just have to keep looking!

Quote Originally Posted by RayHill View Post
    I had a nice big shiny black cow and spike fork come in to my calls today. I was siting on a rock looking down into the basin with rifle at my feet an hour after my last call i was getting sloppy. Then I hear a small snap behind me and look behind and less the twenty feet behind me at full gallop they came straight at me. They came up behind to have a smell before showing themselves. But I was still in a cross wind. It took me by surprise and my reaction time was horrible I grabbed my rifle and put it up. At this time both the moose hit their brakes hard.

The cow was right in the open looking at me and the bull was behind a small bush with his ass toward me but looking back at me with his head and neck exposed. He was there for two seconds then bailed running straight for the thick bush. I was wanting to shoot him in the ribs and waiting for him to walk out in the open. If I could get those two seconds back I would have shot him in the neck at 20 feet he would have dropped right there.

What is funny is me and the moose were surprised to see each other, it was interesting that there has been no cow or bull calling back to my calls and they came in silent and from up wind. It was like a blacktail textbook move that I have never had a moose do.

Owell guess I’ll just have to keep looking!

just keep at it, at least you’re starting to see some stuff now! Here’s hoping you connect!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    CRAZY BUSY??????? that's a friggin understatement!! Holy activity!! Gas workers, hunters, loggers, truckers, farmers, Hydro traffic! Was a gong show!!
    I hunted south of Dawson last week and was shocked at the lack of hunters. Only saw 1 other confirmed pair of hunters all week. I was in the ag zone.

Not to many gun shots this year. Must be a lot of bow hunters haha

i have have yet to hear one moose call back this year so far.

Its ts a nice day today sun is warm have a little fire going sitting up on the top of a bowl ridge. With a view of the Peace River. It’s nice to be here.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Take what I tell for what it is!! I'm not a "not in my back yard" kind of guy, and I tell it like I see it, it was Fackin busy!! That being said, we hunted 4 days, killed a bull elk, and a bull moose, and we called both of them in!
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Lots of nice country in the South Puggins area, fresh logging and no shortage of roads
    Saw more moose sign there in the last 2 days than anywhere else within 2 hours of tumbler. So we're heading home empty handed after 10 days. Faaaack.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    Saw more moose sign there in the last 2 days than anywhere else within 2 hours of tumbler. So we're heading home empty handed after 10 days. Faaaack.

Thats shitty bud, did you hunt the ag zone? See anything?

Just got back from there, 2 of 5 in our group took small bull elk. Lots of hunting camps, very few gunshots. Went to explore one day, around Stewart Lake....too many hunters and the industrial activity was unreal, so went back to 7-21 and finished off the hunt. I send people to the Del Rio, it's the place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    LOL~~vegetarians~~we did 16 days and came home with meat, but the game was sparse except for bears. A whole lot of bears, blacks and grizz, if you are scared of bears it's not the place to be sleeping in a tent