Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking my 10-year old for his 1st hunt. Area 4-09. Advice or suggestions appreciated.

Taking my 10-year old for his 1st hunt. Area 4-09. Advice or suggestions appreciated.

Howdy guys.

So my brother and I are taking my 10-year old on his first hunting trip in a couple of weeks. The tentative plan is to head down to the Trail/Christina Lake area (coming from Vancouver). The goal of this trip is to simply get him some time in the woods, and hopefully put something on the ground. I want him to experience the joy and sadness that is part of taking an animal's life, and to see how he handles the "yucky" parts.

For that reason, I'm thinking of focusing on whitetails in hopes of getting a shot at a doe.

I would greatly appreciate any advice/suggestions for that area (4-09), or if there is somewhere else you'd suggest checking to improve the chances of getting a meat deer.

Thanks so much.

Cheers.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Taking my 10-year old for his 1st hunt. Area 4-09. Advice or suggestions apprecia

Blueberry/Paulson is holding a few deer, take the first right as soon you reach the MU 4-09 Bonanza FSR. there are a few camp spots low down, rougher the higher you go.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

Re: Taking my 10-year old for his 1st hunt. Area 4-09. Advice or suggestions apprecia

Thanks Dakoda. I appreciate you taking the time.

There are several roads all within about six miles both sides of the highway, good camping and a few critters. Wolves have beena problem though.

I'm sorry to hear that. Any chance you know anything about the Big Sheep Creek area?

Thanks again.

No idea, not to sure how involved the area was with the fires this year.

Way better areas to hit. Cut an hour or two off your trip from home. I m from just east of where u want to hunt and I go west of where u want to go, for deer.....
    find areas with good game sign and get 5 mins off the road and wait.

Up the Paulson lots of fsrs and lots of game have an elk tag I saw lots of critters elk moose and deer last week

PM sent............

PM sent............