Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wall Tent or ? - options for 3 person base camps

Re: Wall Tent or ? - options for 3 person base camps

One thing I'll say is that if I order another SO tent, I'll DEFINITELY order it seam sealed. Takes a long time to do on a big tent. Crikey.

TB,

Here's my two bits!

8x10 Wall Tent - three guys, no cots, minimal gear inside the tent, coleman cooking stove, no wood stove, was tight but easy set up...

12x14 Wall Tent - three guys, perfect size, allowed for a table for cooking etc, woodstove, gear storage, three cots and fold up chairs to sit on in case of crappy weather. The only downfall is that it would be a bit of a chore to set up by yourself.

10x12 Wall Tent - might be the best compromise, allow for wood stove, smaller cooking table, cots and gear storage...Would be a tight fit with three cots across one end though. But, you can get brackets that will turn normal cots into 'bunk cots' and you could set it up by yourself.

I looked in a Tipi Tent once, all I could think was that there was a lot of wasted space given the sloped walls...

'rifle
    Nearly all people can stand adversity, but if you want to test a person's character, give them power.

I'm leaning towards an Eskers Classic 12x12

About 85% of the square footage of a 12x14 wall tent, should be able to get 2 cots in there w/ wood stove. Maybe even 3

Tent Specs:

• Made from 10.10 oz Army Duck 4 strand Sunforger Canvas
    • Centre peak: 2.3m (7'6")
    • Sidewall height: .76m (30")
    • Overal Area (approx): 13.4 Sq M (12'x12')
    • Weight: 13kg (29lbs)
    • Packed Dimensions: 32cm x 28cm x 65cm x (12.5" x 11" 25.5")

Made in Canada

Price is $1375CDN
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Just spent 12 days sleeping in a Deluxe Wall Tent north of Mackenzie, heavy frost and a dusting of snow was the norm to find in the mornings and we slept so comfortably. The tent on the right, if my memory serves me correctly is an 8 x 10 x 5 Deluxe wall tent with porch. We used it as a cook / kitchen tent this trip. That tent heats up pretty quick with a little wood stove in there.

The second tent was a 16 x 14 Deluxe Wall Tent with Porch and we comfortably slept 4 people with room for another two easy to sleep comfortably. Site sponsor made, and locally made in BC. Just saying

[img]
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

holy crap you went hunting lol
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

The stove in the center is great as no cold spots and sit on your cot by the stove .

just looked at that Reliable mountain spike 10x10x4 looks usable . I do not need a 14x16 anymore .

Arctic Oven for my next tent, great first hand reviews.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

I often thought about the Spring Bar tents any one on here have one

I've been extremely happy with my Snowtrekker Basecamp wall tent. 10X13, 4 person. Sleeps 3 very well with cots firewood, tables etc... I use a Knico stove. I've been using the tent for 4 season's now and it's super light and compact. Total weight with poles is only 31lbs. These tents were designed for backcountry expedidtion sled trips so they are built to last. Runs about $1585 U.S. without stove. Bought mine used for $1000 Canadian.
    https://www.snowtrekkertents.com