Thread: Styles of hunting available to us in BC

Styles of hunting available to us in BC

I'm interested to see how people go about bow hunting relative to their location. Myself I live on Vancouver island and the timber is often very steep and very dense. So my bow hunting has consisted of spot and stalking black bear in slashes and still hunting black tail in their awfully steep habitat. But i'm interested what the rest of you do when you grab your bow and head into the bush. So much of the bow hunting videos I watch seem to consist of tree stand hunting deer or bear and calling in elk or moose. I love the bow but i feel like my time might be better spent doing long weekend hunts on the mainland where spot and stalk or tree hand hunting is a little bit more feasible. So please just jot down your location and how you might spend your season with the bow in your hand. Cheers!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Styles of hunting available to us in BC

We usually hike into some nice alpine areas chasing early season bucks. Spot and stalk is the ticket for us. Never tried hunting in a stand.

On the island?

Nope I'm on the mainland

Region 3. Calling moose, still hunting deer in timber, calling and rattling deer, tree stand on agriculture land for whitetail, ground blind on bait for deer, spot and stalk bear, calling elk.

I;m in the interior, for me, I use deer calls, and spot and stalk. sometimes when the situation arises I use the high ground to overlook an area, grab a sandwich from my pack, have a cup of coffee, and grab the binos...have had good results in the past.

Cool Re: Styles of hunting available to us in BC

On the Island.
    Spot & stalk for Black Bears.
    Natural ground blinds for Blacktails.

Been working the past 20+ years, see no reason to change...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Cool. Super cool to hear how many different types of approaches you guys seem to use. I'm planning on adding a few different techniques for next season.

Still hunting, blind/tree stand, and calling are my go to styles but do spot&stalk and with the right partners a push