Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Send IslandWanderer Somewhere!

Re: Send IslandWanderer Somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Let’s send you to Alberta.. permanently =)
    RackStar that is some funny sh*t, i was thinking somewhere where the sun don't shine Just don't send him to Jordan River it is apparently a shithole....
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Island to Alberta? Whoa! Permannently? Hahahahahaha
    Jel -- lol -- j/jokin

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Thanks, seems like the kootenay’s are a popular choice. Should I go in November? I’m guessing there’s lots of snow?
    Is the access to FSR’s pretty good?
    4-25 has tons of road access. As do the MU's on the west side of the Kootenay River. Also a couple VCA's that we walk into and hunt. There are some big cutblocks throughout that can be glassed stand hunted and spot/stalk. Get up in elevation and you quickly start seeing Mule Deer. We went out last year last week of Oct, first week on Nov. Lots of snow and very cold "well for us Islanders".

Lots of low areas with plenty of Whitetail. Used to be pretty good elk country but recent years we have seen fewer and fewer. But we still see some every year.

Always see a Grizz or two. Been followed twice and huffed at once. A big male stole a deer from a couple fellows camped just up the road from us last year, and the year before a lady from Revelstoke was chased off her doe by a very aggressive Grizz in the same area. But I expect everyone that hunts Reg 4 has a Griz story or two

Always hear wolves on the Kootenay river FSR between Branch D and Weasel Rd in the evening.

Usually see lots of birds and bunnies too.

In general, we saw fewer deer last year than in previous years. But we also never hunted during this time. We are usually out there a month earlier. Not easy going or a sure thing, but beautiful country, with good access.

drop me a pm if you are heading that way, I'll give you some specifics.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 09-26-2018 at 08:38 PM.

To the OP, thank you for calling the Queen Charlottes Islands the Queen Charlottes.

Quote Originally Posted by jamfarm View Post
    To the OP, thank you for calling the Queen Charlottes Islands the Queen Charlottes.
    No problem. It was certainly intentional.
    When in doubt, just pin it.