Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer,Bears,Sheep and my son.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Deer,Bears,Sheep and my son.

Well we bought a new camper so my son Brad and I thought we would break it in with a hunting trip, no plans just go from here to there and see what tomorrow brings, after a quick visit/coffee with RemingtonJim and Ramona we were off to my favourite deer area......RAIN and more rain, logging 24/7 and hardly a deer spotted.....after 3 days of this nonsense I says lets go for a drive Bub

Off to Lillooet and to do some exploring we spot a buck way up where the sheep hang out, a big three point by himself so we carry on and start seeing more deer, another 3 pt and and 3-2 points.......

we come around the corner and spot a few bucks but nothing to big but Brads happy to see something after the monsoons we were dealing with the last few days,

a Cpl small bucks sparing was really neat to see

we were hoping to spot some rams so we head back to Lillooet for dinner and then back down to Cache Creek, we head down toward Spenses Bridge and park for the night and by 1am Brads sicker than a dog with food poisoning, a bad night for sure

we took it easy the next day and he slept most of the day and was pretty whipped but we did see a nice Ram so he wanted to hang around and look for sheep.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Deer,Bears,Sheep and my son.

well the next day we go for a drive and Brad yells Bear and bails out with the Husky 280 AI, I look for a spot to pull over and park, by the time I climb out of the truck and walking to catch up he's walking towards me and says I dropped him with one shot.......the 280AI and 140gr AB pancakes the bear, so we stroll over and wow the bear has an amazing coat, not a huge bear but not small by any means, he looks like he's been feeding on a few PICNIC baskets he's so fat !

As it lays

Brads 1st bear so he's pretty happy,

Nice! Looks like an awesome time! I love that area. Nice sheep too!

Awsome story love the pics

Great pics, so was RJ up to his usual self and telling some fine tales
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Looks like a great time Don besides a night of food poisoning! A camper would be kind of cool so you can easily just go wherever, good on you guys, breakfast sausages coming up!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Nice to read a story where animals are seen. That bear of Brad's hasn't missed too many meals. Congrats Dad and Brad.

Awesome story, pics & bear. It sounds like you guys had a great time minus the food poisoning.

Great story, pictures and nice bear!!