Thread: Misfire debris in bolt

Misfire debris in bolt

Any of you guys ever have the problem I'm about to explain,went to sight in my gun first round went off without a hitch second went click waited two minutes went to open bolt and BANG! Scared the hell out a me .

So I instantly stopped shooting I came home took the bolt apart and a piece of chewed up brass fell out about 3/16 of an inch almost looks like part of a primer I stripped the whole gun down cleaned and blew everything out I hoping that's what the problem is as i leave moose hunting end of week. I think that was the problem any thing else I may be missing??

Ruger m77 7mm

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Misfire debris in bolt

Look at the casing of the first round you fired. Is it missing any brass? Also could have been a hang fire of the second one and the piece of brass is from the second casing that got lodged in your gun when you opened the bolt.

I fired over 20 rounds last weekend and then today I had the problem one round from the previous shoot looks like a clean hole right through the center of the primer never seen this happen before with this gun

Pierced primer ..... I’d for sure be checking out the rifle before taking it or let alone shooting it again... better people on here to help you ... right now I would not take it hunting.