Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Creek Forest Service Rd vandals

Lost Creek Forest Service Rd vandals

hey guy ! new to the site this year ... havent felt the need to post anything yet, just happy to read all the cool stories you folks have!

I took my dog for a hike up near stave last week we drove up to the 6km mark of the lost creek forest service rd and I drove into a 10m patch of roofing/framing nails popping both my front tires , absolutely chocked ! WTF! my first thought was maby they fell out of someones truck bed , but on my long hike back to cell service with my paranoia setting in, i thought maby this is a common thing? do you guys find funky stuff like this in the woods? im fairly new to driving up service roads, and ill be honest it has definitely turned me off of wanting to explore again, all future trips are currently postponed

my thoughts ??

1) maple ridge residents upset with stave lake shooting that they booby trap the service roads to deter people coming back ???
    2) hunters trying to deter other hunters

not too sure what to think , but i wanted to share my story if anyone was planning on driving this area.

good luck out there! be safe!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lost Creek Forest Service Rd vandals

Anti hunters most likely

Nope that's just ass hats dumping their garbage because they are too lazy or cheap to go to the landfil and pay the fee. Or its just people bringing garbage, pallets and old roofing material to burn not picking up all the nails left behind. i see it everywhere up that road

Hmm 4 years ago while hunting Spenses Bridge for sheep I found some tire jacks..the real mckoy for puncturing tires fast and fatal..in talking with others. .apparantly regular occurrence by locals..Venables..and by the water falls..easily seen from the quad. .
    Havnt seen much over the years..but it happens.
    Steven

Unfortunately this stuff is all over the fsr roads in the lower wasteland. I drive all these roads everyday and the garbage just keeps piling up no matter which one your on. Sometimes bring stuff out but minimum dump fees in maple ridge are getting rediculous. Dump fees should be free if you can prove your picking it up on crown land
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Didn't Chilco Choate in one of his books mention the spikes/large nails intentionally set on some access roads near some guiding areas??
    Last edited by mpotzold; 09-24-2018 at 05:34 PM.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

That area is Mission so don't blame the Maple Ridgeians. That place has been a shit show for years.
    To bad because its a beautiful area. Just to close to the lower waistland.

Slobs with trash is my bet it is Stave after all

When I lived in the wasteland there was many good places I stopped hunting or fishing because of trash and risk of theft/vandalism

Dont miss the place one bit

I one time saw 6" diameter band saw blade cut into 12" long sections and stuck in a big mud hole in one trail that gets frequent hunting activity. maybe 100 of them. luckily the water had subsided and some of them were visible . I imagine it would have chewed up tires pretty good. I was pretty disturbed that someone would do that. way in the middle of nowhere out of cell service would have made for a real shitty experience

Took a small spur road in the Boston Bar area and came across small deactiavtions with 2x4's full of nails facing up. Got around the first 3 then gave up