Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2018 elk...

Re: 2018 elk...

Well I hate to say it but my grandson just took another bull elk with his 6.5x55 swedish mauser. A 6x6 this morn at 275 - 300 yards !!

Quote Originally Posted by gunpower View Post
    Well I hate to say it but my grandson just took another bull elk with his 6.5x55 swedish mauser. A 6x6 this morn at 275 - 300 yards !!
    sounds good. Why don't you post up the story and some pics in a new thread !
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterFSJ View Post
    Got this 5X5 on Saturday afternoon. Bugled him in to 50 meters and shot him through the lungs
    with the .338 Win Mag. Still ran for some 200 meters before dying.
    Man those elk are tough!!

Really nice bull, congrats man.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Very nice Bull, Congrats!!!
    I often use my BSA .300 Win Mag and every year I take flack for having too much gun... Oh well, that's life, it's not going to stop me from using it ... As said already, some drop on the spot and some run until there is no blood left..

Nice bull Vic!! Congrats!!
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    sounds good. Why don't you post up the story and some pics in a new thread !
    I do not know how to post pictures on here ( old Fart ) and the story should come from the grandson and his father as I was not there !!!