Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A B.C. man was stalked by a cougar for nearly an hour — so he took a video

Re: A B.C. man was stalked by a cougar for nearly an hour — so he took a video

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    this happened quite some time ago. Winter this year or last. check the records.
    That's what I thought too.

Pretty sure that footage was from a year or two, maybe 3 old.

After the successful cougar hunts I've seen, 140lbs isn't a big one. Maybe on the island tho.

I think a 2 legged cougar is more dangerous than a four legged cougar

old news.... happened in the Spring, was all over the news

https://www.upi.com/Mountain-lion-st...5361520266044/

Old or new still cool new footage to me and many others. I watched it again last night with my wife on the big TV. That's one beefy cat. I would have been yelling at it right away. I don't know how the guy managed to film.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Old or new still cool new footage to me and many others. I watched it again last night with my wife on the big TV. That's one beefy cat. I would have been yelling at it right away. I don't know how the guy managed to film.
    Exactly. I saw it when it first came out but enjoyed seeing it again now. It's an incredible video. I do love how naive people are though.. "It was just curious" lol um no... That definitely wasn't "curious behavior". One slip up and I think he would have been kitty chow..

"Cougar spottings are rare outside of B.C."

Lol, come visit Alberta

I've been fortunate to twice watch cougars make a stalk and kill.
    Once on a Mulie buck and once on a cow elk.

Their speed and agility is unimaginable....

This video exemplifies what these cats can do when they are intent on killing.
    Snow leopard vs. Ibex.

Photo shopped BS re cat and ibex over 400 ft fall IMHO.
    Last edited by tomcat; 09-25-2018 at 01:57 PM.

no way that's photoshopped, you can clearly see snow flying and even small rocks rolling during the zoomed in slow motion part.

Agree with Cad. & Dash(post#15,16)

A good reminder when in cat country to look behind every now & then.
    Read somewhere that some wear face masks backwards to prevent an attack since they say that the cat in general attacks from behind.

In all these years of hunting,camping & working outdoors only had 2 cat encounters.
    One was attracted to Eve's cooking & didn't look dangerous at all. A shotgun blast from the camper above its head from about 30 feet got him running never to be seen again.

2 women were killed by cats this year while in the woods. So be careful!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein