Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My 2018 Mountain Goat Hunt..

Re: My 2018 Mountain Goat Hunt..

Quote Originally Posted by Skull Hunter View Post
    Same deal for me. My first goat was also a nanny, and left a bitter taste. It also inspired me to educate myself further and as a result my next 2 goats both ended up scoring over 50". If your budget allows for it, I'm sure you'll be able to get another permit to accompany in the coming years. Study up and you should be able to harvest a quality billy pretty easily. Maybe look into a different area, as I would have expected you guys to see more goats than you alluded to. Flying out of Tattoga has many options, but there are also many quality goat spots hiking in off hwy 37.
    Thanks we are defiantly thinking about doing that just not 100% sure always open to option. We figured getting away from the pavement in virtually un touched area would produce better numbers not sure if the massive population of grizzlies had anything to do with it. Every location we spotted goats we also found Griz tracks not far off. Moose population seemed to be good with all the tracks we seen but the only one we actually seen was when we landed on the lake scared up a young bull.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Great story and footage, the harsh realities of hunting in the back 40 when you lose game, have dealt with this many times in Cranbrook area when Elk hunting so I know where your coming from.

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us, you had me running in the airport with you from the first paragraph !!
    WF
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Great story and footage, the harsh realities of hunting in the back 40 when you lose game, have dealt with this many times in Cranbrook area when Elk hunting so I know where your coming from.

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us, you had me running in the airport with you from the first paragraph !!
    WF

Yah probably the most stressed I've ever been specially knowing I had guys going to be waiting for me.

Love the preview, very intense haha

thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Tam Slam View Post
    Love the preview, very intense haha

thanks for sharing!
    Thanks turned out pretty good it’s done with IMovie in the iPhone super easy to do.

Great story and fantastic video! Love the picture of the show stealing your meat. Thanks for sharing your hunt and congrats on a successful hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by BStrachan View Post
    Great story and fantastic video! Love the picture of the show stealing your meat. Thanks for sharing your hunt and congrats on a successful hunt!
    Thanks was a heck of an adventure.

Congratulations! Great post & video! Thanks for sharing your experience with us all

Great story and video!!
    Thanks for sharing your adventure.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.