Thread: Fallow deer experience anyone?

Fallow deer experience anyone?

First off they are the most wired deer I have hunted, found quite a few but by they time I clipped my release on my string they were barking and gone. Very tough to hunt as they don't give you those critical seconds like most muley and BT do in the timber.

Anyone have any idea when the rut is for them? Do is it a little earlier like the island BT or a little later like mule deer?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fallow deer experience anyone?

Can’t help with the info you are looking for regarding fallow deer because I have never been lucky enough to hunt them. Hopefully someone can help but I think very few BC hunters have seen let alone hunted fallow deer

I won’t ask where you were hunting them but curious if this was public or private land hunt here in BC?

I used to apply for the LEH draw for Sidny when it existed with no luck so I am kinda jealous lol

Good luck

^ I think everyone reading this in the 1-1 is jealous!

i would research European sites on info for rut season since it is more common game over there than in B.C.

here is a link to the forestry Commission of England that mentions the rut season for fallow deer:
    https://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/fallowdeer

good luck with your hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Can’t help with the info you are looking for regarding fallow deer because I have never been lucky enough to hunt them. Hopefully someone can help but I think very few BC hunters have seen let alone hunted fallow deer

I won’t ask where you were hunting them but curious if this was public or private land hunt here in BC?

I used to apply for the LEH draw for Sidny when it existed with no luck so I am kinda jealous lol

Good luck
    Sorry but can't give many details

Lets just say I am eating fallow t-loin tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewh View Post
    Sorry but can't give many details

Lets just say I am eating fallow t-loin tonight!
    No worries I am betting private land anyway

Congrats on the fallow but I may just hate you a little now lol

congrats! if you found public land for fallows in BC, I'd keep that under lock and key too

have only hunted and ate fallow in NZ, was by far the best venison I've ever ate
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster