Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HBC Freezer Filler Thread 2018

Re: HBC Freezer Filler Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Lucky enough to get a young bull moose in the freezer very early and quickly into my first day of moose hunting in the season. From the time I left the house in the morning to head into the bush and the time it was in the meat cooler was less than 8 hours total.

Hell ya that's a lot of good meat for an 8 hour day...

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    We were out today, saw 4 bears, 3 Grouse, and a bull elk.

2 of the bears were a little too small for this early in the season. The other 2 were good, but quick.
    Ya I too always find that the bears that are worth taking always bolt right away lol...

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Ya I too always find that the bears that are worth taking always bolt right away lol...
    I might of had a chance at one of the bigger ones if I wasn’t in such a hurry. I took what I thought was a shortcut and got pretty turned around. While losing daylight I was quickly driving around trying to figure out where the hell we were. GPS was of course sitting in my garage at home.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

^^^^ya I find I can get turned around pretty quick when rippin around in a vehicle, whereas walking it ain't near as bad..

Another buck for the freezer, sorry didn't get any pics in the field....had all the meat deboned/quarters in one meat sack, between my Eberlestock F1 Mainframe and the F65 Little Big Top bags...the pic is deceiving, theres a lot more meat there than it looks..the packout was about 1 km, and I must say, the Eberlestock setup was awesome, everything was tight and balanced and made the trek down the steep uneven terrain not all that bad..my last deer tag I'm going to hold out for a good sized whitetail buck, now that I can't shoot another muley, or a whitetail with my bow..

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is my freezer filler

We were lucky to find this fellow he is very tasty

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Another buck for the freezer, sorry didn't get any pics in the field....had all the meat deboned/quarters in one meat sack, between my Eberlestock F1 Mainframe and the F65 Little Big Top bags...the pic is deceiving, theres a lot more meat there than it looks..the packout was about 1 km, and I must say, the Eberlestock setup was awesome, everything was tight and balanced and made the trek down the steep uneven terrain not all that bad..my last deer tag I'm going to hold out for a good sized whitetail buck, now that I can't shoot another muley, or a whitetail with my bow..

[IMG][/IMG]
    Looks like this Mulie is decked out in hunter camo ready to ambush you as you enter you workshop. Best be ready for him - he looks well armed.

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    Here is my freezer filler

Are you wearing rubber boots or are your feet soaked? Man that had to suck! Lol

Beauty moose though. Very nice. Excellent work man!

They don't get big from being stupid.