Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moose Shared Hunt Question

Moose Shared Hunt Question

Good Morning HBCers.

I need some clarification. Ive looked in the Regs and LEH booklet and think I have an answer to my own question but have others telling me different. Your help is much appreciated!

3 of us were drawn for moose shared hunt. One member from our groups wife had a baby a month early so he has decided to stay home.

Now what I have found. "All participating members must have a moose tag". Does participating mean being part of the group when we entered? Or does it mean as part of the hunt? He will not be in camp at any time during the hunt.

Thanks for your time. I do plan on contacting CO service if there are mixed opinions on this thread.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose Shared Hunt Question

My understanding is All three of you must purchase a tag. Also all three of you must fill out form as authorization is completed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

No moose tag is needed unless you are in the hunt. For example, 2/3 go up 5 days before, those 2 need tags, the third could purchase theirs on the way up. But while participating aka hunting, everyone needs a tag.

Its very common for life situations to change during an LEH. The important part is that all the LEH information is correctly written down after a moose is down.

The third guy does not even have to buy a licence let alone a tag if he is not going.he is not a participant.

Third guy at home with a baby doesn’t need to buy any tag/lic etc.
    He needs to stay at home and change diapers
    "One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted..." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Thanks for the Replies.

Hes changing diapers on a future hunter!

Similar situation . . . . shared hunt, three hunters, two LEH permits.
    One hunter bails out at the last minute .... do the remaining two hunters have two LEH permits ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    Thanks for the Replies.

Hes changing diapers on a future hunter!

Excellent!!

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Similar situation . . . . shared hunt, three hunters, two LEH permits.
    One hunter bails out at the last minute .... do the remaining two hunters have two LEH permits ?
    Ya I was curious about that too....or even if there were originally 4 hunters in the shared hunt and 2 bail can the remaining 2 hunters take a moose each ?

I could be wrong but aren't there usually the group names on the LEH. So only those named hunters can harvest a single shared Bull? Ex if you had 4 hunters and two shared LEH then only the hunters on each shard LEH can harvest a bull between the two of them?