Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Roadblocks starting NOW

Re: Roadblocks starting NOW

The RCMP , or some of the ones I have heard about don't know the rules themselves. My brother in law , who doesn't bull-sh*t, said he was
    stopped at a roadblock and told that he needed a trigger lock on his rifles as he was driving out of town to hunt. When you are in attendance
    of your weapon, in your vehicle, it just needs to be unloaded.
    How can they help when they don't know the rules themselves. Oh and b-in law got a warning to get his windshield fixed cause it had a crack in it.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Get it started I will Contribute Money ! I am SURE lots others will too ! RJ
    As will I ....
    Is the Crown Land in BC a federal or provincial asset ?
    Are the FN groups receiving money from the federal or provincial coffers ?

Quote Originally Posted by tinhorse View Post
    I wonder what concessions hunters will have with their understanding....."more details to follow next week" .....oh boy, I sure hope my LEH will still be good come November

I wouldn't count on it...I think we're about to be thrown to the wolves along with the rest of the wildlife in this province....hopefully Im wrong, but my hopes of putting in for grizzly draws and fishing chinooks at pender bluffs have not gone well this year.

Last edited by Islander30; 09-22-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    As will I ....
    Is the Crown Land in BC a federal or provincial asset ?
    Are the FN groups receiving money from the federal or provincial coffers ?
    I think this would be one of the biggest hurdles to overcome.
    For example, I remember asking Weaver on here about access to Indian Reservations and how it relates to his "right to roam" proposal... He basically stated that they fall under Federal Jurisdiction.
    As someone who has dealt with Federal, Provincial, and Municipal governments over a number of years (on environmental subjects), I have personally seen how easily and quickly responsibility can be passed off.
    At first glance, I can see this being an issue right out of the gate....although I'm not sure how it would be when it involves enforcement (RCMP/CO) when it relates to upholding/enforcing laws such as "interfering with a legal hunt".

For the record, I think it's a good idea to pursue this in the courts. I've been thinking about it for a while now and am just not sure how to go about it. I have no legal training, but I do have some experience in the environmental field.

I'm in for contributing financially, and offering up what I can from an experience/knowledge standpoint.

If it's not appropriate to discuss on here, I'm fine with sharing personal contact info via PM so that conversations can go forward.

Cheers,

M

rez is federal jurisdiction..so are RCMP
    Steven

Time to form second nations police force.
    By the second nations people for the second nations people.

Crown in BC is Provincially Crowned --
    Indian Reservations are Federal
    So Johnny Horgan's Heroes to deal with
    Jel -- NDP seem to favor helping Indians more than thee other ones do,,-- Horgan knows what's coming up and wants to do the right thing with thee United Nations.
    ---------Thee United Nations told Johnny and Justin to " Stop stalling, it's time to reconcile, no more crawling, with no denial, start the file. then we sort the pile "-->
    ------------Pretty hard to fight the U.N. now a daze --- 2 billion people in the world living below poverty level -- to day folks ,, 2 Billion humans starving
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-22-2018 at 01:09 PM. Reason: JUSTINE CASTROSIS

The UN needs to f**k off.

The citizens of Canada did not sign on to the UNDRIP until JT came along....when "Canada dropped its objector status to the declaration and formerly adopted plans to implement it in accordance to the Canadian Constitution".

I would suggest that the current federal gov't has no right to implement such a policy without proper consultation/approval from all involved.

Hell, the federal courts shut down the pipeline for very similar reasons....

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Crown in BC is Provincially Crowned --
    Indian Reservations are Federal
    So Johnny Horgan's Heroes to deal with
    Jel -- NDP seem to favor helping Indians more than thee other ones do,,-- Horgan knows what's coming up and wants to do the right thing with thee United Nations.
    ---------Thee United Nations told Johnny and Justin to " Stop stalling, it's time to reconcile, no more crawling, with no denial, start the file. then we sort the pile "-->
    ------------Pretty hard to fight the U.N. now a daze --- 2 billion people in the world living below poverty level -- to day folks ,, 2 Billion humans starving
    Jelvis, lately you've been making some very good points. Many of the people living below poverty level seem to choose purchasing booze, drugs and smokes instead of food for their families. There is no colour difference in these choices either. The only way to rise up is to do it yourself by taking the first step. Excuses are like A holes, everybody has one.

Old Indian Prayer -- Oh Creator, let me never judge another warrior hunters life, until I walk a kilometer in his or her moccasins ----
    Jel -- The Creator and Rocko are watching you day and night with no fright -- it's outta sight --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-22-2018 at 01:33 PM. Reason: HE JUST USE YOU THEN SET YOU FREE